Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the pricetag, which seems to be the going rate for that position all of a sudden(so glad we got Rodri in before that happened). I've said for a while now, that I think he will go up a level or two under the right manager(Pep, Klopp, Arteta, even Pochettino IMO). He's already captained a PL team from the Midfield, at just 24 years old and led his team to silverware for the first time in decades while doing so. I don't see how anyone can act like that's insignificant and still claim he's 'shite'.

I wasn't surprised that the City/Pep interest was confirmed this summer. That said, you don't pay £100m+ for a second choice or utility player, or a player that you immediately have to teach a new position. I also think as much as he seems to like City as a club, he probably was leaning to Arsenal because he'll get more guarantees of game time and being able to stay in London and not uproot his family is probably a nice bonus. Good luck to the lad I say, hope he proves the naysayers wrong and makes good on his potential(obviously not so much that it's at City's expense though).

Regardless of the pricetag, which seems to be the going rate for that position all of a sudden(so glad we got Rodri in before that happened). I've said for a while now that I think he will go up a level or two under the right manager(Pep, Klopp, Arteta, even Pochettino IMO). He's already captained a PL team in MF at just 24 years old and led his team to silverware for the first time in decades while doing so. I don't see how anyone can act like that's insignificant and still claim he's 'shite'.

I wasn't surprised that the City/Pep interest was confirmed this summer. That said, you don't pay £100m+ for a second choice or utility player, or a player that you immediately have to teach a new position. I also think as much as he seems to like City as a club, he probably was leaning to Arsenal because he'll get more guarantees of game time and being able to stay in London and not uproot his family is probably a nice bonus. Good luck to the lad I say, hope he proves the naysayers wrong and makes good on his potential(obviously not so much that it's at City's expense though).
yes he definitely wanted to stay in London.

'Explained: How Arsenal can afford big-money summer signings'

Love it how quick sky sports put these type of headlines up whenever one of the entitlement clubs splashes the cash.

'Explained: How Arsenal can afford big-money summer signings'

Love it how quick sky sports put these type of headlines up whenever one of the entitlement clubs splashes the cash.
"Why you should be ok with this signing and feel how we tell you to feel about it"

Contrast to their strategy for every significant City signing(probably...I don't pay much attention anymore).

So, who else are we looking at in this position or are we sticking with what we have? If it means we give McAtee a real chance to break through to the first team and Philips gets one more season to prove himself, I'm ok with it, personally.

I was going to put this next rant in the Philips thread but there isn't one open yet. So here will do.

I hope Philips comes good but I have the feeling Pep has lost faith he can make the step up, after how last season went for him. Even with the injury setback and the team in dire form after the world cup for a month and a half. Resulting in us not being able to drop points/take risks. When he was fit, I at least expected him to get a few starts in the cup games and to come on when games were safe in the last month of the season or so but he couldn't get a look-in.

Maybe Pep has just decided he's a slow learner and isn't going to give him significant chances until he starts to show what he wants on and off the pitch. If that turns out to be the case and all the fuss about missing out on Bellingham, Rice etc turns out to be nothing then great but we really need cover for Rodri because we've been lucky to get away with overplaying him as much as we have for the past two seasons.

"he doesn't have it in his locker since "it not part of his game".

The above is where I begged to differ, unless it wasn't Jack playing as an 8 you were referring to?
Go read my post again. It said, it should not be a probblem playing him as an 8 because...
upfront we need someone clinical and who can assist with ease and he doesn't have it in his locker since "it not part of his game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.