Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough, but we were prepared to offer £90 million for him. So £15 million short. The lad is 24, so possibly 10 years service if the signing works out. That's £1.5 million per year which is peanuts in modern football terms. Then we still have to identify someone else with the ability, physicality, and potential to improve that Rice would have brought, which isn't going to be cheap. Lots of focus on the pros of pulling out of this deal, but we need to recognise the cons also.

I think that was overpriced as well FWIW.

Then it should not be a problem him being played as an 8, upfront we need someone clinical and who can assist with ease and he doesn't have it in his locker since "it not part of his game".
With respect, I'd beg to differ. Toward the end of the season, I noticed a few games where Grealish moved inside for periods & created havoc.

At Villa teams sat off him & he had the freedom to roam. At City he's constrained in Pep's system, plus he has opposition players dropping deep & doubling up on him.

This is why we need an elite left winger so Jack can play as an 8 imo.

.............Haaland.............
Foden.................Grealish
..............Rodri..................

Let’s be honest here
We all were saying pep will turn him into this or that etc, we can’t now say he will never be that player because Arteta has him now.
Lego has learned from the best and he will have the idea that he can be their Rodri.
That said I doubt he will reach those levels
Because he ain’t Rodri is he.

If we forget all the bullshit and concentrate on the player pep obviously didn’t want him enough to pay any more.

We are an established top 3 club in the world now and don’t bend over to anyone
I trust in pep, and the club will mostly always do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.