Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. As I said, his mum and dad must be loaded then. I've seen pictures of the house. It's huge and in a very expensive part of London.

The guy specifically said 'lives in the house he always has done', suggesting it's his childhood home.

Posh twat. Can see why he chose the tarquins. ;-)
Well, you could knock me down with a feather, guvnor. Cor blimey and stone the crows! You can see why those lovable East End scamps at West Ham took Rice into their hearts as one of their own.

Surely not? I knew something was off when we made just 1 bid that was the same value as arsenal 2nd that got rejected. Perhaps we’ve told West Ham to keep firm and then we swoop in to close the deal? One can dream lol.

The hammers we're likely told there would be a substantial down payment. I guess Edu and Sullivan's idea of substantial may be very, very different.

When I've seen Phillips and Rice play for England, Phillips looked the better player - robust, sharp in the tackle and able to pick out a pass. He was all over the pitch and looked a very decent player. Maybe I missed something and that Rice enabled him to do that! I've not seen Rice look decent against us and honestly just can't see what it is that people are getting excited about.

I suspect Phillips will play more games this year and probably feels he's got something to prove. Let's be honest, if he leaves us he isn't going to Real is he? This season is the most career-defining season he will have. If he can push for a starting place, he's a chance of winning medals he'll have dreamed of as a kid - see what it meant to Grealish. He will also be a definite in the Euros too.

The more I look at this £105m deal compared to some of the others, Arsenal have made a HUGE gamble that he is the missing piece. For that sort of money, they could've had Mac Allister, (£35m), Maddison (£40m), Tielemens (free) and Gabri Veiga (£35m). I know they don't play exactly the same game as Rice, but these prices show how much higher his fee - even us paying £30m for Kovacic. It also shows how they could've strengthened their squad quite a lot as well for the same-ish fee. Loftus-Cheek went for under £20m and he's just signed for AC Milan.

I honestly think they will regret it as there's no way they will get anything close to what they've paid for him back in a few years.
I have said the same many times.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Phillips make a pass of more than about 3 yards for City. Of course, that could be team orders.
Phillips has made a good few long over the top passes every time he has played. A lot have been too heavy and gone out of play. If he can perfect them he'll be happier. And if he puts in a proper shift we'll be happier.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Phillips make a pass of more than about 3 yards for City. Of course, that could be team orders.
I've seen a few long passes from Philips. But having said that, City are no Stoke or ManUre. We're more a short 1 & 2 touch passing side...

Philips has gone from being top dog in a bang average Leeds side, where if he was fit, he played, to coming into a City squad brimming with world class footballing superstars who have a title/trophy winning mentality.

Added to the fact he spent most of the previous season injured, & a big portion of last season injured/recovering from injury, it was always gonna be a tough ask for him to show his worth straight away.

Cast your mind back to the best player I've seen wearing a City shirt... David Silva. It was said he was too small for the Prem & would get chewed up & shat out by bloodthirsty cloggers like Delap, Shawcross, Anderson & Fletcher et al...

He arrived a World Cup winner sporting an injured ankle. IIRC, he didn't kick a ball until the end of October & he struggled to adjust to the pace of the PL. Most pundits, many neutral fans AND many City fans fell for the narrative that he was too diminutive to make it in England.

He got through that first season although it was a struggle. He then had a good rest during the summer & when he returned for his second PL season, the Legend of David Silva was born & the rest was history.

I'm not claiming Philips is the second coming of David Silva, but think back to which midfielder was on everyone's lips & shopping list after the Euro's 2 summers ago? It wasn't Bellingham, Rice, Mount or Henderson...

That's the Philips we bought & that player is still in there. He just needs us to get off his back, give him our full support & put our faith in Txiki & Pep for acquiring him & making him a crucial member of our squad for the coming season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.