Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen the fuss with Rice to be honest. Most of the times I've seen him it's been against us and I don't even remember him playing against us to be honest. I would imagine a good defensive midfielder would have plenty to take on against us!

I also thought he was one of the weak parts of the England team though. Every time Stones or Maguire passed it to him, he passed it back to them. When you compare him to Rodri, it's day and night for me. Rodri just moves the ball around where as Rice just did nothing with it.

All that said, a lot of people rate him so he must have some decent attributes, but I've not seen them.

I'm happy for United/Chelsea/Liverpool etc to shell out £100m for him.

A CB playing as a DM. Done what he can since he changed positions years ago. Nonetheless, limited. Doesn’t make himself available and not so great at reading the game. A lot lacking from his game.

Nonetheless, likes to get a toe in to get the ball back. Seems to have a lot of stamina. Decent jump. Even with the English tax, 100m is too much.

Not technically good enough to play in our midfield but maybe technically good enough to play in the centre of defence. I can see him at Chelsea.

Lampard intended to take him to Chelsea and revert him back to centreback. Can see them going back for him when Thiago Silva moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.