Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of england playyers are hugely overrated and overhyped.....we shouldnt be even trying

England have made a semi-final, final and a quarter-final in the last three tournaments, losing by penalties and one goal in each of those defeats.

Basically you're talking nonsense.

He’s basically a very good centre half who can step into midfield, and he’d be great in that role if he ever played for us. He’s only playing in midfield because he plays for a shit team, and that’s where West Ham need him to play, while Southgate hasn’t got the gumption to play him next to Stones for England.

I can’t see him signing for us, unless we were to sell both Laporte and Dias, although I do think that the next couple of weeks will tell us a lot about whether Guardiola rates Phillips. If Phillips can’t get a start against Chelsea on Sunday or Southampton next week then it wouldn’t exactly be a great vote of confidence for the bloke.

Put Rodri in that West Ham team alongside plodders like Soucek and he would do no better than what Rice manages.

Front foot defending, comfortably the best in the league. Elite in the air to. When we are under pressure from a team though Rodri is quite easily bypassed and his lack of pace means once they are past him he's completely out of the picture. Plenty on here have said during matches ect that he needs help defending and isn't as effective when say playing with Kev and Gundo as he is with Bernie covering every inch of midfield.

Rice is good, only player at Westham with passing % over 90. Only midfielder there over 80%. Thing that winds me up about him for England and the reason he absolutely won't fit in a Pep team is he hides from being passed to quite often, Rodri is always an option and willing to take the ball under any amount of pressure and that's what really separates him from most in his position in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.