Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd rather keep Phillips than sign Rice. He may cover a few positions but he doesn't excel in any of them. It is the type of midfielder we aren't short of as such.

Onana at Everton? If they go down could be available at a great price

i'd rather keep Phillips than sign Rice. He may cover a few positions but he doesn't excel in any of them. It is the type of midfielder we aren't short of as such.
I have been really impressed with him whenever I have seen him, I think he's got a lot to his game, and would flourish in our side. Having said that I would prefer Bellingham, but fear he might be going elsewhere. Philips has been very disappointing, but I never wanted to buy him.

Not an allrounder. He has strength but little else.

He’s been really good for Everton. He’d have to be trained technically. Only an option if they go down for a cut-price deal. I’d rather have Lavia back.

i'd rather keep Phillips than sign Rice. He may cover a few positions but he doesn't excel in any of them. It is the type of midfielder we aren't short of as such. Pep has mentioned he is still part of the set up.

Rice is a far better player, there isn't any doubt about that.

If in an ideal world they cost the same price, I'd take Rice all day every day. He would be a good squad player and understudy to Rodri. Kalvin Phillips is becoming a liability at the moment and eventually Rodri will run himself into the ground due to amount of games he's having to play.

However, I wouldn't pay anywhere near 100m for Rice. I'd rather throw the bag at Bellingham, Gvardiol and Kvaratskelia/Mitoma.

Rice is a far better player, there isn't any doubt about that.

If in an ideal world they cost the same price, I'd take Rice all day every day. He would be a good squad player and understudy to Rodri. Kalvin Phillips is becoming a liability at the moment and eventually Rodri will run himself into the ground due to amount of games he's having to play.

However, I wouldn't pay anywhere near 100m for Rice. I'd rather throw the bag at Bellingham, Gvardiol and Kvaratskelia/Mitoma.
He has hardly played and if he was a liablilty Pep still wouldn't of given him 35 mins vs Bournemouth and 90 mins vs Bristol City. Rice would be wasted in our current setup and wouldn't add much to the team.

He has hardly played and if he was a liablilty Pep still wouldn't of given him 35 mins vs Bournemouth and 90 mins vs Bristol City. Rice would be wasted in our current setup.
Philips has only played against lower level opposition, even then he's looked suspect. Rodri needs to be rested and there's currently very few games where Pep can chance playing Philips. Perhaps if we draw a lower level team in the next round of the FA cup Philips will get another 90 minutes, but Pep clearly isn't happy him starting against a top PL side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.