Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice is good but Rodri plays nearly every game. Don’t see him coming as a rotation option and would cost us a fortune. Makes no sense.
This. Utterly pointless to spend 70-80m on a backup for Rodri, especially with potentially Grealish, a CF and a LB coming in. Rice is surely way too ambitious to be second fiddle. Rodri’s made 49 apps for club only this season

That is buying for buying sake. Chelsea did that last summer
And they are in the UCL final and would’ve been PL title contenders with the right manager from the start.
We can’t afford to lose defensive solidity. That’s what got us here. That, and a strong squad. If Fernandinho leaves, someone needs to come.
Amazing to me how people in this transfer forum don’t understand that a strong squad is needed to succeed. You go through the threads and it’s a festival: we don’t need a left back even if Mendy leaves! Kun leaving, but we don’t need to bring a striker! Grealish would be of no use! We don’t need someone even if Fernandinho leaves!
I would be losing sleep if I felt anyone at the club thought like that. I’m glad they’re smarter than that and are aware that next season will be tougher than this one, domestically and in Europe

And they are in the UCL final and would’ve been PL title contenders with the right manager from the start.
We can’t afford to lose defensive solidity. That’s what got us here. That, and a strong squad. If Fernandinho leaves, someone needs to come.
Amazing to me how people in this transfer forum don’t understand that a strong squad is needed to succeed. You go through the threads and it’s a festival: we don’t need a left back even if Mendy leaves! Kun leaving, but we don’t need to bring a striker! Grealish would be of no use! We don’t need someone even if Fernandinho leaves!
I would be losing sleep if I felt anyone at the club thought like that. I’m glad they’re smarter than that and are aware that next season will be tougher than this one, domestically and in Europe
Usually our board don't panic buy. They wait the right target and normally go under the radar when it comes to signing players

Our board don't panic buy. They wait the right target and normally going under the radar when it comes to target.
Declan Rice smells like someone Pep would think is the right target. Are you going to stalk this thread like you do with the Grealish one too?

Declan Rice smells like someone Pep would think is the right target. Are you going to stalk this thread like you do with the Grealish one too?
I don't think so. He is not quite a Pep midfielder for me.

He's a defensive midfielder, rags are desperate for one, they have been linked with him for ages and have some leverage with Lingard who's been very good for West Ham tbf.
He is another John Stones for me which isn't a bad comparison at all. He will be more exposed when playing in the Champions League if he plays in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.