Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes no sense to me. Would cost around 100m (potentially Phillips + cash) and wouldn’t strengthen us particularly IMO. Sure he’s a good player, but don’t see the need for him at all.

Not good enough to play further up the pitch as one of the no 8s, so I’d assume he would play as one of the 2 DMs in the 3-2 defensive shape. We already have Rodri, Stones, Phillips, Kovacic, Rico, Gomez and potentially Perrone/Gvardiol to play in front of the back 3. Don’t think we’d be interested if he wasn’t English
I'm thinking that it'd be better to spend big on wide players so that both Foden and Grealish can come into the middle. Foden because he can score and feed the strikers. Grealish because he can't be dispossessed very easily.

OUTIN
Laporte + GomesGvardiol
Gundogan1 winger (cos Foden's at CM)
Bernardo1 winger (cos Grealish's at CM)
Kovacic (extra player for depth)

If Rice comes surely it would have to be to replace Phillips and even then it's a massive overspend for a fringe player. But fuckit - if we can afford it then why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.