Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny was always a centre back though before he came to City. Just Hughes used him there for a season probably because we had very limited options.
Yes I know mate, a point I mentioned many many years ago on here when he was younger and when the arse and rags (amongst others) were looking at him, what it did though was develop his all round awareness of the game, especially in a positional/organisational sense, it made him a better leader and a better centre back as a result, I can see Rice making a similar transition.

It’s a no brainer. He’s a quality player with years ahead of him. Could end up being better than rodri

he’s not a centre back though. There seems to be a slight obsession with turning midfielders in centre backs at the minute

It's standard with all clubs fans, sell your better players and convince anyone that will listen that what your left with is better!
My mate's a spuds fan....he told me Walker-Peters was better than both, then they flogged him soon after to Southampton lol
So, what's Hampton like as a place, guys?

It’s a no brainer. He’s a quality player with years ahead of him. Could end up being better than rodri

he’s not a centre back though. There seems to be a slight obsession with turning midfielders in centre backs at the minute

I agree.

While playing centre half wouldnt faze him,his midfield prowess would obviously be wasted.In a team that provides him with more time on the ball,he would be even more influential than the very high levels he has cemented in an average West Ham team.

As i keep saying,the only issues would be his challenge to Rodri and subsequent potential squad disruption/disharmoney.I suspect it would be Rodders who would 'lose',as well as EDS talent emerging.

I agree.

While playing centre half wouldnt faze him,his midfield prowess would obviously be wasted.In a team that provides him with more time on the ball,he would be even more influential than the very high levels he has cemented in an average West Ham team.

As i keep saying,the only issues would be his challenge to Rodri and subsequent potential squad disruption/disharmoney.I suspect it would be Rodders who would 'lose',as well as EDS talent emerging.

someone will always lose out. We pretty much have two top class players for every position now. And your right some brilliant youngsters coming through

someone will always lose out. We pretty much have two top class players for every position now. And your right some brilliant youngsters coming through
We aint going to spend 60-70 million on a DM when our amortisation and wage costs are sky rocketing as it is.

And Rodri is also better than Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.