Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s put this one to bed - Ake, good as he is and has been, is NOT better than Gvardiol. Also, hasn’t got the potential either. Last year, Gvardiol was rated as the best under21yr old defender in the world for a reason. He doesn’t have to take Ake’s position either - he’s being bought to take Laporte’s.
so, he provides Pep with lots of defensive options - 4 at the back with Walker and Ake as full backs, or three with Dias,Stones,Gvardiol and Akanji/ake covering all three.
I hope that clears up the clubs purchase strategy

I think we’re closer to signing Uncle Ben than this lad.

Agreed. I think we're just fucking with Arsenal's collective head a bit. That is, if we're controlling the rumours at all, which is far from certain. £100 million for Rice? No, I really don't think so (and yes, I do remember that we paid that sum for another player not so long ago…)

Agreed. I think we're just fucking with Arsenal's collective head a bit. That is, if we're controlling the rumours at all, which is far from certain. £100 million for Rice? No, I really don't think so (and yes, I do remember that we paid that sum for another player not so long ago…)

Depends if Pep is honest with Phillips and possibly explains he wont feature and its best he moves on? West Ham we know want Phillips so that could in a sense knock £40m off the £100m fee straight away? West Ham also want Palmer & Borges?

If Arsenal are spending 65 million on Havertz, then the English premium should see Rice going for close to 100 million.
That signing makes no sense at all to me given how arteta is trying to get them playing like city 2 years ago. Havertz looks like a rag or dipper by pass midfield on quick transition type player offering little in procession based attacks.

That signing makes no sense at all to me given how arteta is trying to get them playing like city 2 years ago. Havertz looks like a rag or dipper by pass midfield on quick transition type player offering little in procession based attacks.
Arteta needs to evolve his side and have different options, so I can understand the signing. Spending 20 million more than they did on Jesus, well that is the bit I find harder to understand. With bigger price tags come greater expectations, and they might just not be met next season.

Depends if Pep is honest with Phillips and possibly explains he wont feature and its best he moves on? West Ham we know want Phillips so that could in a sense knock £40m off the £100m fee straight away? West Ham also want Palmer & Borges?

I'd be very, very astonished if Pep has had that conversation with Phillips, or intends to. People have said some very harsh things on here about Phillips. Well, it's a forum so who gives a toss, basically? But all I'm aware of is that Phillips must have been vetted by Pep and Txixi, and they must have seen something. And that for a large part of this season, he was injured.
I'm not defending the guy, especially. But I'm not attacking him either. I'm just saying, it's too soon. It also strikes me as unlikely that Phillips would have gone so public on wanting to stay at City and fight for a place. He would have taken advice on that beforehand.
Be very surprised if Phillips is shipped out in an exchange deal for Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.