Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ex West Ham employee fella just done an update on Patreon and apparently rice preference is still arsenal. Guess it will come down to whether arsenal can match our bid. Would be a blow to miss out in rice now our interest is so public
We will move on if he does prefer Arsenal. We will target someone else In that case. It's not that we haven't missed out on our targets

That ex West Ham employee fella just done an update on Patreon and apparently rice preference is still arsenal. Guess it will come down to whether arsenal can match our bid. Would be a blow to miss out in rice now our interest is so public
If that’s the case you’d just stay at West Ham. I don’t care what Arsenal did in the league last season, I don’t think they’ll even match that this one. Maybe the lure of CL is the key.

Enjoy your one season in it, Declan.

He'll have seen Grealish celebrating in his words the best weekend of his life and thought 'yeh I want a bit of that'

If we can use Phillips as make weight its a win-win.

Lewis
Stones
Rice
Rodri
Kovacic
KDB
Silva
Foden
Grealish
Macatee

So many potential central midfield options for Pep next season - we'll need a bigger squad with the extra games as well.

I just don't get the strategy. Everything is played out in public these days as well so that makes it worse.

For it to happen once is bad enough, but this is a mirror image of the Mudryk deal (although that has actually worked in our favour so far), so that's twice in 5 months this has played out the same way.

I know we are trying to stretch funds for multiple players or stay on the right line of FFP or whatever, but pissing selling clubs off is never a good way to do business, transfers being dragged out is never a good way to do business, especially when you don't actually get that target in the end.

Oh, and don't brief media saying your confident or whatever, because I don't know if that's arrogance or stupidity but either way that makes the optics even worse!
I think it’s all about the optics for the arsenal board. They want to seem like they’re going for the big guns, and as long as they’re seen to have tried then they’re happy.

Surely man city have asked rice if you fancies a move to city, could be left with egg on face if they lose bellingham as well as rice to arsenal, does any anybody know?
No egg fried rice jokes please.

Surely man city have asked rice if you fancies a move to city, could be left with egg on face if they lose bellingham as well as rice to arsenal, does any anybody know?
No egg fried rice jokes please.

We wouldn’t be bidding for him if we hadn’t had a steer that he’s interested in joining City.

It’s just not how we’ve ever operated in the transfer market - taking a punt and hoping for the best!

He may well prefer to stay in London, and Arsenal are the only option if you want a London team in next year’s CL - but he will absolutely have given us the nod for us to be putting a formal bid in.

Until City put in a bid I just don’t see it, I don’t see Pep sanctioning another £100m plus signing, so for me there just using our name to get Arsenal to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.