Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've broken Stephen Howson (Again!) I think it maybe worth sharing this with someone at City, as I believe he becomes quite libellous about City and FFP and CAS at about 11:30mins in...

Haha, broke the twat.

Hope he stays awake at night with anger.

as Rice adds not much creativity, assists, goals to be fair, I can see Pep allowing winger to attack more, be less disciplined and get into the box more rather than hold the line, and the extra legs from Kovacic, Rice will be used to help out on wide areas meaning they will work tirelessly if we want to still use 3 CB formation.

Gundo, KDB clearly have no legs anymore to do incredible track back and reach out to wider defensive areas but Rice and Kovacic might have plus Rodri. that could even allow wide CB-s to go forward mit bore and winger to actually create panic more often from wide areas.

we will need to add more goal threat from wings anyway imo, as Haaland did have a wonderful season but if he just scores 10 less next time, somebody needs to pick that portion up, and also Gundo wont be here to add his few goals.

Rice aint the midfielder I would go for, would prefer a Kimmich, De Jong type of player with much better football brain and ability to set tempo, join attacks, long shots etc., Rice is a different mould, can be improved a lot by Pep for sure, needs to improve as well as WHU level is not enough at City.

on the other side he is hardly ever injured regularly did 34-36 PL games a season over last few seasons, personality fits in with what Txiki, Pep usally wants, does have some hunger for trophies and 24.5 years old, so we can keep him around once KDB, Rodri, Kovacic will be all above 32-33.
but still Bellingham would have been imo a much better profile and set of skills.

now with our interest public, best not to lose out to Arsenal tho.

try to include Phillips as well. or charge them separately 40m for him. WHU does need a replacement, so we need to ask Phillips stop with the I want to stay stories. :)

While it's always amusing pissing off a rival, I don't think we need him and I'm not sure he's as good as everyone suddenly thinks he is.

Does he get in the CL final XI? No. Is he a similar player to anyone who is leaving? No.
Is he too good to be sitting on the bench waiting for Rodri to get injured? Yes.

Ederson
Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rodri Rice
Bernardo(*) KDB Foden Grealish
Haaland

This is unstoppable in bigger games.

What has gvardiol done to show that he would be a better option than Ake in a Pep team? Aside from being a shiny new toy?

I'm excited about Gvardiol, Kovacic, Rice, and whoever we get linked with but I wish we could do it in a way that isn't shitting all over our record breaking squad of last season. Ake was better than Gvardiol last season. In a couple of years? Maybe.

Bloody nora ! I just popped out for a couple of hours and the whole thing has turned on its head.
I was sure he was arsenal bound, but sad because I also knew he was perfect for City - both in ability and his being of the right stuff mentally too. He fits our profile perfectly and the thought of a double pivot with Rodri must also have Pep salivating too…..

Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rice Rodri
Alvarez Foden KDB Grealish
Haaland

unbeatable for years to come

England benefits too

What has gvardiol done to show that he would be a better option than Ake in a Pep team? Aside from being a shiny new toy?

I'm excited about Gvardiol, Kovacic, Rice, and whoever we get linked with but I wish we could do it in a way that isn't shitting all over our record breaking squad of last season. Ake was better than Gvardiol last season. In a couple of years? Maybe.
Aké is obviously starting over Gvardiol at the start, he's the best LCB out there. This is more to prove to the "where will he play"-flappers how it'd could look.

Some good talk on here from a West Ham fan. You can feel the perception of our club changing now in terms of how other fans talk about us.

Arsenal fan:

“When Manchester City enter the race then that spells trouble…”

West Ham fan:

“When Manchester City come calling…”

And

“They can lay the treble on the table”

While it's always amusing pissing off a rival, I don't think we need him and I'm not sure he's as good as everyone suddenly thinks he is.

Does he get in the CL final XI? No. Is he a similar player to anyone who is leaving? No.
Is he too good to be sitting on the bench waiting for Rodri to get injured? Yes.
Cos it's amusing pissing off a rival. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.