Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you're right, but Pep has form for putting 100m footballers on the bench.
21/22, Jack had 2730 minutes. In 22/23, it was 3486 minutes. Jack was never a bench player, but I get your point. Anyone who doesn't perform is at risk of being out of the first 11, it maintains a healthy level of competition, and I agree with that.
well we know that, even if u cost 100m, if you dont kick off, you are on the bench until it clicks... And my god have it clicked with Jack. It takes time to get into the system
Yeah, Jack took time to adapt, but once he did, the whole world saw why we paid 100m. I agree.

Phillips ain't good enough
not saying he is but hes not leaving neither. He might come good he might not i think some are harsh sometimes on a guy whos not really had the opportunity to prove himself. How many times have judgements been passed on the first season. Ake had similar issues in his first season.

I dont know whether phillips will end up good enough. But hes said hes not leaving so id rather get behind a player than constantly put someone down who we havent even had real time to judge.

well we know that, even if u cost 100m, if you dont kick off, you are on the bench until it clicks... And my god have it clicked with Jack. It takes time to get into the system-
Quite a few on here were ridiculously quick off the mark to criticise Grealish. Which was ludicrous. Imagine coming from a team like Villa (at that time) to City. It must be an awful shock to the system to play under Pep; it's nothing like anything he'd ever played before. Of course it was going to take time to get used to what Pep expects from you. IIRC, Rodri didn't pull up too many trees in his first season with us. Look at him now. That's why I'm loathe to add to the pile on on Phillips.

Calm down mate. Losing players happen. Don't know why folks get so worked up about it.

I personally think Rice is good, but I'd rather have Szoboszlai personally. There are other good players. Just scout and attack your needs.

Dax, if you've seen me on here for years you'll know I tend to be level headed, never too up, never too down, never been Arteta Out when all were calling for his head, never overly bothered about missing out on signings before, never have a go at signings we make before seeing them etc.

In my opinion this guy was very important for Arsenal though for the reasons I had listed. Don't think he's anywhere as important for you, as you have Rodri, you have leaders in Dias, Stones, De Bruyne etc still.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I agree with you, for you guys I'd prefer Szoboszlai, I'd prefer him to Havertz for us. But who would our Rice alternatives be? Caceido who would just be as expensive and who Chelsea want. Lavia? Onana? It's slim pickings otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.