Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else a little unsure as to how he fits in as a Gundogan replacement? Missing out on Bellingham was a big blow obviously, was ready made. Just trying to work out how Rice slots in, he's more of a Rodri type with the ability to play a little box to box.
He doesn't Kovacic is Gundo's replacement. Rice is over hyped and overpriced. That's not to say he's a bad player but getting in this City you need to be more than good.

So that's Dias, Ake, Akanji and Gvardiol fighting for 3 positions (assuming we keep this formation as we have no full backs now).....one injury and Stones may be needed at CB (also Rice has played there before)
Stones plays at cb. its just when were in possesion he moves into midfield kind of like we had cancelo doing from left back.

I don’t think new signings have to be like for like. Rodri wasn’t the same player as Fernandinho, for instance. Guardiola is continually changing the team.
He wasn't but he still fills the same position. Rice is not ousting Rodri and he's too good to be on the bench. This makes no sense at all.

Personally I think if we do get rice it will give rodri the confidence that he is covered to go forward more, we have seen he has an eye for goal so I can imagine him becoming a yaya type

He wasn't but he still fills the same position. Rice is not ousting Rodri and he's too good to be on the bench. This makes no sense at all.

We play two dms. Stones has been that 2nd CDM in that midfield in this new Pep formation. Rice is an actual CDM who is rarely injured. He will play as a two with Rodri if Pep continues with the formation we have been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.