Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on, I’ll put it out there.

Discussion because it’s a forum and things are to be discussed, I’m certainly not saying it is…

We where in for Bellingham and he choose Madrid instead (loads of reasons why this could be the case).

We’re obviously in for Rice and if he chooses Arsenal, especially with Pep, treble winners there could be reasons but it would be a surprise.

Could the charges/ reputation and potential issues with charges be hampering our plans.

I know it is too early to make any judgment on this, but wondered if it proves to be the case are the English players staying away?

I’m struggling to come up with 10, let alone 20, better PL midfielders

Gündogan (for now), Rodri, de Bruyne, Bernardo, Odegaard, Casemiro, Fernandes, Caicedo maybe, Guimaraes maybe?
Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Mac Alister, Mitoma, Ramsey, Enzo, Fabinho, Luis, Olise. I could go on, like I said it’s about opinions. I have my own, you have yours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anything it’s piss poor from City to have waited for Gundo to make a decision and not have someone lined up that we know will definitely come. Problem is that players of the status of Rice won’t have been happy to be told our move for them was dependent on a 32 year old leaving. & Kovacic is not a replacement for Gundo,
Or he might have looked on it as a positive that we don't treat our multi trophy winning captain like shit the second he wants to explore new opportunities. That could be him in a few years time

Exactly spot on. Right now we are best team in world with greatest manager too. To pass the on this shows that he not right for us.. People are leaving their home town for example KDB left home at 14 to become footballer. Look at Dias and Rodri moved across the country to play for
city. Haaland left Byrne going around Europe to become better footballer.

My point is London / Manchester argument is ridiculous and boils downs to taking on challenge to work under the best you need elite mindset bravery…

At City will be one of big fish not big fish in small pond. It’s about the collective not individual look no further than Bernardo Silva selfless and team player plays anywhere and at left back - when it’s not his position.

A new player has to buy into this philosophy, ethos and leave ego at door. This is not something all players can sign up to and struggle with such as cancelo

We had used the smallest squad and won a treble we will find right people. If Rice is not it then best of luck to him.
Totally agree with all but the last line. If he chooses arsenal just to be a big fish if both have West Ham acceptance then I hope he wins fuck all unless arsenal get the rags or dippers in a final. And even then it’ll be a meh cant they both lose.

Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Mac Alister, Mitoma, Ramsey, Enzo, Fabinho, Luis, Olise. I could go on, like I said it’s about opinions. I have my own, you have yours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know you didn’t ask the question, but you can’t really compare players like Foden, Mahrez, Olise to rice… completely different positions and players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.