Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barella not leaving Italy he's rejected every proposal so far.

Kimmich is locked in at Bayern

De Jong is on massive wages

Plus Pep wants Rice, so we go for Rice. Grealish went for 100 million so of course they going to ask for that.

Exactly! The club will know that as well imo

What would Arsenal do? They may wait for our 2nd bid and try to match it. That may be their best strategy.

But, at the same time, if they are too patient and willing to play a long game, they may lose out both on Rice and other targets. So, they'll bid within the next 6-7 days. Think the deal will be decided within 10 days. W Ham will have to find a replacement too, they don't have the whole summer to negotiate either.
Anyone who wants him knows it's £100m - it's not like West Ham have been quiet on this. Arsenal and City need to up their game if they're genuinely interested.

Both clubs should just walk away and go in for him again next season at a vastly lower fee. If he's smart he'll wait an extra year to make sure he gets whichever club he really wants. If he's not, he'll do what Sanchez did and throw his toys out the pram to just ensure he gets a move somewhere.

It’s at the West Ham end having public benefits them!
Yea but now teams will know they have money to burn once they go looking to buy. The peacocking in the media will do them no favours. Get on the blower to Phillips and agree a fee with city otherwise they will get fleeced soon enough. Grandstanding nonsense.

If we'd have gone in with £100m and they said no, then I'd agree, but we haven't. I'm sure West Ham fans will say it's City that are playing games here.

sorry if I'm not being clear. What I mean is

1/ You always have to start below where you're willing so as to anchor the conversation (£80m)
2/ Then they always have to reject the first bid to look strong.

So if we start at £100m they'd be obliged to reject it and we'd have to go higher.

Some will say it's smart negotiation but I just think they're all successful in business and they know how it works, so it's a load of peacocking and messing about. I have to do it sometimes in work and I roll my eyes. We all know where this is going.

Hope we’re serious and don’t back out now. Bidding shows Pep wants him, so we need to beat a rival to his signature and not look smalltime over another few million if Arse bid more.

We‘ve lost Gundo, and Rice is better than Kovacic and Phillips, we need to be getting this deal done. Fuck Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.