Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rice has decided he next move then I can’t see a 3rd Arsenal bid. Surly they would want assurance’s he wants the London club. Otherwise it looks desperate from the runners up.

City are in no rush here. Arsenal will move on now to another player. Say they tried.

Both clubs should just walk away and go in for him again next season at a vastly lower fee. If he's smart he'll wait an extra year to make sure he gets whichever club he really wants. If he's not, he'll do what Sanchez did and throw his toys out the pram to just ensure he gets a move somewhere.
Why would staying an extra year at West Ham, when he’s in his prime and has opportunities to leave now, make him smart?

Anyone who wants him knows it's £100m - it's not like West Ham have been quiet on this. Arsenal and City need to up their game if they're genuinely interested.

A 100m deal may be structured in many ways, some attractive for W Ham, others much less so. It's fairly naive to think it's only about reaching the magic number of 100m.

Whatever the price our management are happy to pay for him, that's good with me. They generally make the correct decisions.

People moaned about what we paid for Jack but ultimately he played a pivotal role on and off the pitch in us doing the treble (just look at how Gundo singled him out for praise in his leaving letter). He may have cost 100m but the rewards of winning that treble, the impact on the changing room and the media clicks he gets the club, it was money well spent.

Rice is a top quality proven PL player with a fantastic attitude on and off the pitch, who Pep and Co obviously see qualities in that they know will enable him to fit into our style. That's enough for me.

I think city will walk away. The tone of that tweet from ornstein won’t go down well with city (clearly come straight from West Ham) and I doubt we will get involved in a bidding war.
City aren’t doing the deal through Ornstein though. I’m sure they have their own communication direct with West Ham, which may or may not have involved that same tone. What they say to Ornstein might not be what they say to City. The Ornstein tweets are for the fans, not for the clubs. Also, how can you doubt we’d get into a bidding war when that’s exactly what we’ve chosen to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.