Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we have heard is Rice want to go to arsenal. Arsenal are dragging their heels hence WHU encourage city to bid knowing it will force arsenals hand to give WHU what they want and that Rice will choose arsenal.

I hope I’m wrong I think he’s a decent player and will do well with us and will stop arsenal getting stronger. But in the long run I think WHU and Rice know that arsenal will pay up and both the player and club are using city to speed up the process
You've been listening to too much Talksport fella!

That Talksport thing is hilarious, Here’s why we want Rice.

There’s been some mixed reviews. Some say he hasn’t improved enough under Moyes and Southgate. Whereas people like Michael Antonio say he’s the best midfielder in the world and can play DM or as an 8.

I’ve looked at his in detailed opta stats in the last few days. Stats don’t mean everything but it does help to understand what type of player he is.

His defensive attributes are very strong and are pretty much the same as they have been, for the last few seasons, there’s no big change. However, his attacking ability has definitely got better, especially in the last two seasons. In particular his short passing and his switching of play improved a lot last season. His through balls and shot creating actions have doubled from two seasons ago.

City completed the 2nd most passes in Europe last season, whilst West Ham were miles behind in 80th place. But Rice has some very interesting stats in comparison to our players.

- Rice completed more short passes than everyone in our squad last year apart from, Rodri.

- Rice had more touches than everyone apart from, Rodri

- Rice completed more medium range passes than everyone apart from, Rodri, Dias, Walker and Ake.

- Rice made more successful progressive passes forward than everyone apart from, Rodri and KDB.

- Rice had more total passes completed, (short, medium and long), than everyone apart from, Rodri and Ruben Dias.

- Rice had more successful progressive carries with the ball than anyone apart from, Grealish, KDB and Bernardo.

- Rice had more switches of play than anyone in our team

- Rice had more pressing interceptions than anyone in our team, he was in the 99th percentile in Europe for this

So imagine Rice playing in Citys team with better players. Then just imagine what Pep could do to him in the space of a season.

Rice gives us back up to Rodri in the DM role, whilst he may also play in the number 8 role. But It could also mean, Rodri moves into the number 8 role, as his overall passing is actually the best in Europe, which is what we want from the number 8. He makes us more versatile in the midfield, more physical in the midfield and probably stronger in possession too.

Like Rodri, there’s only Kimmich and FDJ who outdoo Rice in these areas, but they all play in much better teams.

If we added Gvardiol to the incomings, and we don’t lose Bernardo, I think the starting 11 and squad could be as strong, if not stronger, than last year.
Please leave immediately. This is no place for well reasoned logic. What is this place coming too….

Seriously, great post…..

Why? Surely if the clubs know the magic number between them, really doesn't matter whose 'turn' it is to bid, City can just get it agreed whenever it suits.
With 2 clubs being involved now rather than one, I think it's a bit more complicated than just hitting that "magic number". West Ham will be loving the fact that we've joined the bidding and they may be thinking they can perhaps get more than they were asking. If Rice hasn't yet decided where he wants to go then this could play out for a while yet.

All we have heard is Rice want to go to arsenal. Arsenal are dragging their heels hence WHU encourage city to bid knowing it will force arsenals hand to give WHU what they want and that Rice will choose arsenal.

I hope I’m wrong I think he’s a decent player and will do well with us and will stop arsenal getting stronger. But in the long run I think WHU and Rice know that arsenal will pay up and both the player and club are using city to speed up the process

Everyone is entitled to an opinion….

This is why Declan is an option to replace Gundo..

He likes to bomb forward there and not really restricted in a regista role etc.
I think he will be used more there than in a pure deeper position.

Reactions: kun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.