Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaya Toure Declan Rice twist emerges as Manchester City grow confident of West Ham United deal

Manchester City are growing confident of signing Declan Rice with the West Ham midfield’s hero being City legend Yaya Toure

It’s believed the Premier League champions will get close to the £100million valuation that David Sullivan has slapped on the England international’s head

The Hammers’ insiders claim a “source” has told them that there is now optimism that City can get a deal done.

“City had promised West Ham they were ready to make a bid but needed a few days. City don’t get involved in bidding wars unless they know they will ultimately win them,” they wrote.

“Forget the narrative he needs to stay in London or he wants to be the future captain of Arsenal one day. He has the chance to play for the best team in the world under the best manager.

“Declan’s midfield hero was Yaya Toure and City know there is a further strong pull there.”

It does feel as if the West Ham midfielder is edging closer to securing his exit from the London Stadium.

There has been a definitive shift over the past 24 hours with Manchester City’s interest now concrete after their £80million plus £10million in add-ons bid.

Most West Ham fans would be extremely happy to see the midfielder head to the North West. His next move needs to match his ambition.

Arsenal are one of the best clubs in the country, but are they going to match Manchester City over the course of the next season – probably not? They’re playing in Europe, much like West Ham, and have won the odd FA Cup in recent years. It’s not too dissimilar to what Rice has achieved at the London Stadium.

If and when he does leave, it has to be for the right reasons. Moving to the best club on the planet and looking to become one of the elite midfielders in Europe feels like a fairly good one.

The sooner a deal is concluded, the better for the Hammers. The board need to kickstart their own transfer business and concluding this deal would be a huge figure in the coffers.

Maybe I’m thick but surely if I am Declan rice I’m not telling anyone my preference
I’m gonna deal with both clubs until it becomes clear who is gonna get a bid accepted
If it’s both I make a decision
If it’s one I’m likely to go there
I’m certainly not telling the press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.