Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this Arsenal bid will be the end of this saga. Having a big head and being an England international in the one position there is almost no competition (CDM) doesnt make Rice worth 100m. In my opinion he is not even worth half of that. Dont mind us spending big on a player that I would at least see as a first choice starter (by our squad rotation standards). But 100m+ on Rice? We have no home grown player issue in the squad, it doesnt make any sense. Just hope this will end this Rice madness and we can sign an elite level player instead. If we start paying 100m+ for mediocre players just because they have an English passport it will set an unwanted precedent when we are buying players in the future. Grealish was different, since he was unlike Rice perhaps the best player in his position in the league when we bought him.

I do however fear City will offer something like 70m+ Phillips and that West Ham will prefer that.

lol amazing how everyone knows who is available and their exact cost
Brozovic is available for €20M and for rest you can buy Barella ony isusse with Barella is maybe he doesnt want to leave Italy.Barca wants Brozovic they need €17M to buy him and they dont have that much money.

Can’t lie I’m really disappointed we are likely to lose out in this deal. Rice for me is exactly the kind of player we need mentally more than anything to kick on again.

With how aggressive arsenal have been over the last few years (to good success as well tbf) I fully expect them to win a title in the next few years. They have a very good young side and rice will be the main man there. Can def see the appeal from his point of view.

Very interesting few weeks coming up for city. Don’t think it’s mad to suggest it could shape our future success over the next 5 years or so

I like Rice well enough but I can't help but think we could get a better player for that kind of ridiculous money.

I know what you mean, but re that £300m figure, we didn’t bank £300m more than Arsenal did we?

I keep seeing that amount quoted across the forum as if no one else banked any money from last season.
Think they got around a 1/3 what we got in prize money plus we both banked 100m from the TV deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.