Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it wouldn't be.

They are bringing in a manager who has the ability to build a team and get them playing football.There will be a clear out and rebuild.

Rice would be a fantastic addition to that project.

You are the rags press officer and I claim my £5.

If the rumours are true that they have a budget in the region of £200 million then I can't see them spunking over half of it on one player, given the number of players they are going to have to replace it would be foolish.
Yep - they should by 10 players at £20m each. That'll really improve their chances

He may be expensive but having Rodri is completely meaningless. We need another DM, it’s an absolute priority in the summer
Yes but it won’t be Declan Rice unless Pep changes to a double pivot permanently which isn’t likely. I would like a player who can play box-to-box and as a DM like Tchouaméni.

Yes but it won’t be Declan Rice unless Pep changes to a double pivot permanently which isn’t likely. I would like a player who can play box-to-box and as a DM like Tchouaméni.
I agree with the principle. I cant see us buying someone who is simply an understudy to the DM role, but a class midfielder who can play any of the midfield positions like Frenkie De Jong (not necessarily him as I dont think hed move). That way we dont have a guy sitting on the bench waiting for Rodri to get tired. We're better served with players who can cover multiple positions.

Pep doesn’t need to change to a double pivot for us to bring a top DM. He knows he has no guarantee Rodri will be reliable for the entirety of next season

Contract expires in 2024. Personally, I think he will be too expensive and we’ve already got a world-class DM in Rodri.

Regarding his contract: it is 2024 with an option for a further year so he is effectively contracted until 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.