Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Rodri who is the best DM in the world, so is Declan Rice ready to play as a Rodri's substitute ? I don't think so..

P.S I don't think there will be a new arrival in the midfield, unless Gundogan or Bernardo are sold..

Maybe we are gonna play x 2 dms next season and saturday was the first look at pep thinking of a change?
That makes perfect sense then, cause in that case Grealish can be utilized better as a second striker / classic "10" and provide assists for Haaland.. Also, KDB is getting older and can't be used as box-to-box forever..

That's why midfield where we have:

-------------Rodri----------Rice------------------
-----------------KDB/Grealish-------------------

is a good option for future.. But this means that Bernado will be sold for sure, because it's either him or Rice and I don't think Rice will come just to be a squad player, also considering ages of Bernardo and Rodri - they are just entering their prime years.. Gundo is more likely to be used as a squad player and maybe in CL games, where either Rodri or Rice will be rested / rotated..

But - I wouldn't sell Bernardo to get Rice.. That's nonsense.. It only makes sense if Bernardo wants to go and there is nothing you can do about it. Otherwise in any system, on any pitch, under any circumstances -> Bernardo > Rice and considering we sell Bernardo for 50m to pay 100m for Rice is making this even funnier to look at..

That's why -> unless Bernardo is sold and that happens only if he wants to go, I don't see any new signings in the midfield area..

Last edited:
That makes perfect sense then, cause in that case Grealish can be utilized better as a second striker / classic "10" and provide assists for Haaland.. Also, KDB is getting older and can't be used as box-to-box forever..

That's why midfield where we have:

-------------Rodri----------Rice------------------
-----------------KDB/Grealish-------------------

is a good option for future.. But this means that Bernado will be sold for sure, because it's either him or Rice and I don't think Rice will come just to be a squad player, also considering ages of Bernardo and Rodri - they are just entering their prime years.. Gundo is more likely to be used as a squad player and maybe in CL games, where either Rodri or Rice will be rested / rotated..
Cud be a 4- 2 -3-1
...........rodri...rice/dejong...
...bernardo..kdb.....foden /grealish
.................haaland............

Cud be a 4- 2 -3-1
...........rodri...rice/dejong...
...bernardo..kdb.....foden /grealish
.................haaland............

Pep tried Bernardo as a RW in 2019 / 2020 season, but that was a complete failure.. Pep admitted recently that Bernardo can't score the goals and be a winger like Mahrez is or Sterling or Foden - who are scoring and scoring and making assists.. So there is good understanding in the club, that Bernardo plays good football when is given central role either LCM or RCM or False9.. as a winger he is not the player to start ahead of Mahrez or other ones for example..

There is absolutely no way we don’t sign a DM
If Haaland arrives and club has to pay for that "package" including Haaland's fee, plus agents and etc. and etc. then it means that there will be no money left for another 100m purchase like Rice..

So, it's either low-budget transfer and young talent like that Matheus from Sporting or Enzo from River Plate, or we sell Gundo / Bernardo to go for Rice or we just stick to the current players, which means:

1) Gundo will be moved to DM position and play similar role - Fernandinho has now. Captain + useful squad player
2) KDB-Bernardo as main number "Eights", plus Foden or Grealish used as substitutes for them (well... not substitute but like Gundo is used this year, always rotating with either KDB or Bernardo). With the arrival of Haaland, Foden or Grealish will definitely be moved to midfield, that's for sure, so Foden or Grealish will replace Gundo, Gundo will replace Fernandinho.

and 5 players in midfield is enough I think + Lavia and Macatee need time.. So, unless someone is sold, I think our midfield will be: Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo + Macatee & Lavia..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.