Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

This would be great, perfect Pep player that can take multiple roles, and I think is doable. I actually think West Ham’s strategy of coming out early and announcing an outrageous fee to try to shut up speculation predicting they could very possibly be involved in a Europa League final was very smart; you don’t want to take any focus away from a big game like that. It’s, of course, very probably a bluff, and everyone in football would know.
This summer particularly, anyone thinking United or Chelsea would come for him is kidding themselves. We have a clear lane to do this if we wanted

If Haaland arrives and club has to pay for that "package" including Haaland's fee, plus agents and etc. and etc. then it means that there will be no money left for another 100m purchase like Rice..

So, it's either low-budget transfer and young talent like that Matheus from Sporting or Enzo from River Plate, or we sell Gundo / Bernardo to go for Rice or we just stick to the current players, which means:

1) Gundo will be moved to DM position and play similar role - Fernandinho has now. Captain + useful squad player
2) KDB-Bernardo as main number "Eights", plus Foden or Grealish used as substitutes for them (well... not substitute but like Gundo is used this year, always rotating with either KDB or Bernardo). With the arrival of Haaland, Foden or Grealish will definitely be moved to midfield, that's for sure, so Foden or Grealish will replace Gundo, Gundo will replace Fernandinho.

and 5 players in midfield is enough I think + Lavia and Macatee need time.. So, unless someone is sold, I think our midfield will be: Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo + Macatee & Lavia..
I agree with your sticking to the same players scenario, with Gundogan covering Rodri, but with Grealish moved to Gundogan’s position. A move for Rice might materialise in the future but at the numbers they’re talking, only if he runs down his contract a bit.

I said months ago and I’ll repeat: the way people discuss this possibility is VERY reminiscent of how the Grealish saga went down… lol

Don't fuel the media bollocks, I'd question why anyone at City or West Ham would want that story out right now.

West Ham have potentially their biggest game in the clubs history coming up, City are in a must win situation in every game and they both meet each other soon, trying to make it a fiery occasion, instead of the damp squib it could be if West Ham make the Europa League Final.

Only one club could want a story like this out there right now.

I'd love Rice to come in given how his play has evolved from being a workhorse defensive midfielder in the past season or so.

He's turned into having everything needed and wouldn't be a direct replacement for Rodri anymore, instead he'd be able to fill in across any of the 3 in midfield and presumably provides extra cover for centre back too.

I doubt we'll get involved at the reported £150m, though, but who knows.

Don't fuel the media bollocks, I'd question why anyone at City or West Ham would want that story out right now.

West Ham have potentially their biggest game in the clubs history coming up, City are in a must win situation in every game and they both meet each other soon, trying to make it a fiery occasion, instead of the damp squib it could be if West Ham make the Europa League Final.

Only one club could want a story like this out there right now.
It’s completely harmless to us. Any big club deals with these stories on a regular basis

It's not harmless when it pisses off a club and fans of that team who are an important part of the title race.
You could say it benefits us since we play them… but it’s not that cynical

Wonder if the Gundo back trouble is true then? (God i hope its not Bernie that wants to go, love that lad)

Surely if we're signing Rice it's to play DM. I'm not saying I don't rate him but I can't imagine him being anywhere near capable of doing what either Gundogan or Bernardo do (just as I wouldn't expect Rodri to).

And we wouldn't sign Rice to play DM when we already have Rodri- that's why these links confuse me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.