Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough decision by the Rice family.
Only thing that changes for Rice is a slightly different drive to work & all for triple his previous salary
Less, if any, trophies? If anything to watch City win the PL again next season and make it an unprecedented 4 on the bounce and see Arsenal collect fuck all would be fantastic.

Common sense prevails.

Would have been crazy spending north of £105m on Declan Rice, when we have the best DM in the world.

I wonder will the dickheads who support other teams still come out with the "City will come out with their unlimited funds and blow anyone out of the water"

Of course they will.....

I'm also quite amused that WHU are now stuck with an Arsenal bid that doesn't actually give them the money they want when they want it. No need for Arsenal to improve on it now, surely? Could it be that City's one and only bid, rejected out of hand, would have met their needs for quick cash more effectively? Would be hilarious if so.

One thing nobody is talking about is how he’ll deal with the pressure of going to Arsenal as a 100 mil player.

It’s completely different to rocking into the Etihad as another one, surrounded by his mates who are all serial winners.

Going to Arsenal he’s “the missing piece” and will have to justify the price tag with every kick until it leads to a title and anything less will be a failure to their fans.

Big difference. Players have buckled under less pressure.

I think Rice would have been excellent next to Rodri. But he ain't Rodri and never will be. If Arteta expects from him to do for Arsenal what Rodri does for us, he's made a mistake. Even Fernnadinho couldn't complete as many passes in a game as Rodri. What Rodri does in the build up is deceivingly simple. But it's really difficult.
Best midfielder in that role in the world I think.

I just think a Club who's won the treble, smashed Madrid and Bayern and are the Kings of Europe should be aiming for the World's Best, not Declan Rice.

Declan Rice isn't getting in this team, just like Kalvin Phillips. If we are spending 100m plus on a player it has to be someone who's going to walk in this side and play nearly every game like Haaland. Don't see the point spending 100m on a player who's more likely going to be a rotational player.
So you're no longer pushing Mbopp that's good. As for Rice, if we bought him it was because the club you are professing is the best run in the business wanted him, so clearly they see something you perhaps don't.

If we always got our first choices in recent years we wouldn't have Dias, Haaland, Rodri, Ederson(if Bravo wasn't terrible), Ake killing it at LB and in turn possibly not be in for Gvardiol.

Over 100 mil for Rice is madness and the club clearly thinks so to. It's not "worth what the highest bidder stumps up", they're not art. Arsenal are overpaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.