Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take this the wrong way guys, but 24 hours ago people on here were calling Eni Aluko all sorts of insults for saying she thought the City bid was just to pump up the price Arsenal pay.

Now we have people seriously putting up the idea we made the bid either for PR so Khaldoon can say we don't spend, or because we want some completely unrelated player or club to do something.

If someone on talksport came out with these theories there'd be 30 pages on what a stupid twat they are before lunch.

To be fair, it's more that she put the idea forward of Arteta asking Pep for us to bid in order to motivate Arsenal to get it across the line.

That's... actually nothing would surprise me at this point.

People say that every year but for the last 6 seasons or so we have operated at around 100 mil maximum net expenditure. We don’t really spend that big anymore

We made a 50m profit last year as well! I reckon we will spend 100m net this summer

Not fussed about dropping out of this deal, I'll be perfectly happy with Kovacic, Gvardiol and playing Foden in midfield, Phillips should get more minutes too next season.

15 goals in 245 games is hardly something to get excited about. Gundo has done that in one season.

Gundo had a similar number before he arrived, plus Rice is showing that side of his game more, 10 goals in his last 100 games, 5 in the 145 before that.

I personally don’t care that we missed out on Rice. It annoys me that it feels like the board are probably celebrating this and lapping it up as a opportunity for others to see City as sensible.

Nobody and I mean nobody will ever give us the credit we deserve or care that we aren’t actually the biggest spenders.
I suspect the board don't give a fuck how others see us and approach transfer budgets by taking into account the huge number of disparate factors such as impact on future signings, wages structures, planned squad rejuvenation, impact on cash flow, future proofing against possible negative financial incomings, etc, etc and not what Twitter bellends think.
You know, acting like professionals who have got more than a bit of a clue at what they're doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.