Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like we had a valuation and Arsenal went above our valuation so we walk away.

Just as we have done before and will do again.

It appears to be a club policy that has been in place for some time. During which time we have won plenty of trophies.

Some people may say we bottled it, some will say they did or didn't want him.

I think he strengthens Arsenal quite considerably. Mind you they have the Champions League fixtures to add to their schedule this year so they need to.

I'm not the slightest bit worried though. We just won the treble and that smile will take quite some downturn to remove.

The way we sometimes bid for players that have a pretty fixed valuation from the seller, with no intention of actually meeting that valuation… it’s almost like it’s intentional so that we can walk away and Khaldoon can say “look, we don’t spend more than the others”.

You do have to wonder. Or we do it to give another target or club a push?

Don't take this the wrong way guys, but 24 hours ago people on here were calling Eni Aluko all sorts of insults for saying she thought the City bid was just to pump up the price Arsenal pay.

Now we have people seriously putting up the idea we made the bid either for PR so Khaldoon can say we don't spend, or because we want some completely unrelated player or club to do something.

If someone on talksport came out with these theories there'd be 30 pages on what a stupid twat they are before lunch.

I know it goes against everything that’s been reported in the last couple of days, but I’ve always been told that this wasn’t ever close.

I honestly don’t think Rice is a player who we need.

In my opinion we need to keep Bernardo, bring Phillips up to speed, trust Foden more in a central role, and strengthen the right wing. Kovacic will just slot in like he’s been here for 5 years
Rice is a good player and will definitely improve Arsenal, not sure he would significantly improve City. Like yourself there are more important areas in the team which need strengthing imo right wing and attacking midfielder.

Just so I've got this clear.

24 hours ago people on here were calling Eni Aluko all sorts of insults for saying she thought the bid was just to pump up the price Arsenal pay.

Now we have people seriously putting up the idea we made the bid either for PR so Khaldoon can say we don't spend, or because we want some completely unrelated player or club to push on.

If someone on talksport came out with these theories there'd be 30 pages on what a stupid twat they are before lunch.
Yep we got it wrong on Aluko. All hail her infinite wisdom and knowledge.

15 goals in 245 games is hardly something to get excited about. Gundo has done that in one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.