Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from his comments after the game that United are the biggest club in the world, you would have to be be blind not to see he is a very good player who perhaps has levels to go?

He's fantastic already but imagine if Pep got a hold of him. I can imagine Pep is a big fan of him too given the amount of positions he can cover and how much he excels in a position that would allow Godri more downtime too.

I can definitely see him becoming a great '8' (pardon the rhyme) - he has a good shot on him, he can drive with the ball, has the control Pep likes in an 8, obviously good passing range and young so willing to learn.

Plus he's always said Fernandinho was the player he looked up to most in terms of playing-style (and Yaya before him!) then you couple it with those YouTube videos where his wall is full of City shirts (Yaya, Silva, Aguero etc.) more so than other clubs. Plus the fact they're obviously keen on Phillips, it makes a lot of sense for it to happen.

West Ham fans are resigned to the fact he's going, it's just where to. I always assumed Chelsea but who in their right mind would go there? His best mate Mount isn't exactly going to be one singing from the rooftops about the club right now either. The rags? Maybe. Arsenal? Maybe. Dippers? Maybe.

It'll be an auction but we have a player in Phillips that West Ham are keen on, they'd get him for free plus cash so no real loss for them. They get a replacement who knows the league and is a good player (contrary to BM belief) plus some cash to strengthen on top too.

Is Rice mobile enough? I’ve got it in my head that he’s slow as fuck. I may be wrong.

I've always thought him more of a defensive screen but perhaps restricted by West Ham and England?

I'd be looking more what it could do for Rodri.

He could charge through the lines like Yaya if he had anyone covering his back?

Still, eyes are on Bellingham.

Still really like rice. Would have him in our squad any day. Wouldnt want him going to united liverpool or arsenal for sure.

Huge engine, very composed and very versatile. Would be what phillips was meant to be, starting as rotational 6/8 who can grow into a must-start 8 in 1/2 years.

I think he contributes sooner than bellingham would but bellingham has the higher ceiling.

I've always thought him more of a defensive screen but perhaps restricted by West Ham and England?

u mean... theres still a chance?

dont get my hopes up my g T.T

Rice's pace surprised me yesterday, when he was chasing down antony on the wing (before being unfortunately shouldered off the pitch)

To be fair he played his best football when he was playing alongside Mark Noble who took most of the defensive responsibilities

I didn't wathc all of last night's game but there was one moment where Rice danced into the box and cut a bll back that demonstrated why he has much more to offer than just being a defensive screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.