Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If phillips thinks he can play his way into the team he may have already been given some encouragement by Pep. However I remember reading earlier this week that he plans to talk to Pep when he gets back from holiday. I wonder if he’ll get encouragement or the Joe Hart speech.

Difference with Joe and Phillips is that Phillips was bought in by Pep- so pep and the team would have done the research.

I obviously would like him to succeed, so hope to see him do well next season! Especially if we miss out on Rice

Surely Bayern or Barca would be tempted to sell Kimmich or FDJ if we slapped £100m on the table. Both are far superior players to Rice and suit our style better in my opinion.
This all day long. Barca certainly need the money. And exactly who are there midfield 3 going to be?
Gundo, Pedri, Gavi, de Jong, are there more?

Difference with Joe and Phillips is that Phillips was bought in by Pep- so pep and the team would have done the research.

I obviously would like him to succeed, so hope to see him do well next season! Especially if we miss out on Rice
I really doubt Phillips will make it here. Players who had poor 1st seasons under Pep at least showed flashes but Phillips has shown nothing so far. Seems like a great guy so hope I’m wrong!

Why is everyone so salty about Rice? Players are allowed to choose where they want to play. When we signed Aguero, David Silva and Yaya we weren’t the best team in the country but we sold the club to them. As City haven’t properly moved for Rice until this week maybe he’s already seen himself at Arsenal for months, knowing how he fits into the team and it means he can stay in London.

If anything it’s piss poor from City to have waited for Gundo to make a decision and not have someone lined up that we know will definitely come. Problem is that players of the status of Rice won’t have been happy to be told our move for them was dependent on a 32 year old leaving. & Kovacic is not a replacement for Gundo, if he was we wouldn’t have been in for Rice.

I’m not convinced Rice was the right profile of player to replace Gundo anyway, but then I don’t see many great attacking number 8s around either. Pep will find a way to make sure we are bang in the mix for every trophy regardless as he always does.

Last edited:
I really doubt Phillips will make it here. Players who had poor 1st seasons under Pep at least showed flashes but Phillips has shown nothing so far. Seems like a great guy so hope I’m wrong!
He’s not shown much but to be fair to him he’s hardly had a chance has he so far.. I’d stick with him for one more season.. See if he can do a Zinny, Delph, Mahrez, Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.