Dedryck Boyata - The next Vinny Kompany

WNRH said:
johnmc said:
Sorry but I seriously doubt this

I do, he cost Chelsea £20m? Mancini wanted Luiz, but the board (Marwood and Cook) were hesitant on the deal and Chelsea came in and got him. Everyone at the club rates Boyata highly, Mancini included but i think BM especially thought was there any need in buying Luiz for £20m when we already had a 22 year old classy centre back in Jerome Boateng who cost £17m, and Boyata at 19 who by the time he gets to 22/23 will be a better player than Luiz at his age and £20m cheaper.

No disrespect to Ben Mee but if Boyata was Ben Mee then we would all be wearing silly wigs at the ground IMO.

Luiz would have come in and played with VK immediately. If they really wanted him they would have gone for him regardless of Boyata

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but amongst all the excitement about Sunday's game I haven't seen much mention of Boyata's performacne. I thought he was outstanding. Every time I see this lad I see more and more ability. He's quick - and I like my centre halves quick. He's strong and good in the air. But what surprised me seeing him at fullback was that he is good on the ball too. He got forward well and his distribution was good.

I think this lad's got it all. He reminds me a lot of Micah when he was breaking into our team. If the Arsenal cockup set him back, then he looks well on his way again now.

I think he's going all the way to the top and I believe he'll be first choice centre half very soon, possibly next season. Great to see another Academy product breaking through even with our quality squad.

You did miss it as there was plenty about him. Ranging from the" he was fantastic"( close to your thoughts) to "he did a decent job"

I certainly wouldn't go OTT about him from that performance as he was hardly tested as a defender and rarely ventured forward as I guess Mancini didn't ask him to. The one time I recall he did get forward he was lost and overran the ball. His touch generally I felt was ok and we know he can defend if needed.Sunday it really wasnt needed.

Good player , excellent prospect but let's not judge him ( or anyone else for that matter) on a 5 nil win against Sunderland who almost didnt turn up.

Nelly, I'm basing my comments on every game I've seen him play, not just Sunderland. I think he has the attributes to go all the way. You don't get strength and pace together very often and he has both. Micah has those too, and Vinny, although Vinny has an excellent footballing brain too.

I think the fact that last Season he was chosen in front of Nedhum made most of us sit up and take notice. So far; I cant see any sort of weakness in his Game. My only issue with what's been said so far is that I dont see how going out on loan would improve him. I think he would have got more games this season if it hadn't have been for a couple of injuries at inopportune moments.

johnmc said:
WNRH said:
I do, he cost Chelsea £20m? Mancini wanted Luiz, but the board (Marwood and Cook) were hesitant on the deal and Chelsea came in and got him. Everyone at the club rates Boyata highly, Mancini included but i think BM especially thought was there any need in buying Luiz for £20m when we already had a 22 year old classy centre back in Jerome Boateng who cost £17m, and Boyata at 19 who by the time he gets to 22/23 will be a better player than Luiz at his age and £20m cheaper.

No disrespect to Ben Mee but if Boyata was Ben Mee then we would all be wearing silly wigs at the ground IMO.

Luiz would have come in and played with VK immediately. If they really wanted him they would have gone for him regardless of Boyata

People in football clubs look years in advance when the fans look at right now. Bringing Luiz in would of stopped Boyata from developing at this club and in their eyes and mine aswell, spending £20m on a 23 year old defender when we have a 19 year old defender who looks even more promising would be wasted money especially when the FFP rules come in.

Don't forget at the time, Lescott was not in our plans, Kolo Toure is coming to the end of his time with us so that leaves Boateng, Kompany and Boyata for the future. If we were left with Boateng, Kompany and Mee we would of bought Luiz, that is why i say it is because of Boyata we didn't go for him.

Didsbury Dave said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
You did miss it as there was plenty about him. Ranging from the" he was fantastic"( close to your thoughts) to "he did a decent job"

I certainly wouldn't go OTT about him from that performance as he was hardly tested as a defender and rarely ventured forward as I guess Mancini didn't ask him to. The one time I recall he did get forward he was lost and overran the ball. His touch generally I felt was ok and we know he can defend if needed.Sunday it really wasnt needed.

Good player , excellent prospect but let's not judge him ( or anyone else for that matter) on a 5 nil win against Sunderland who almost didnt turn up.

Nelly, I'm basing my comments on every game I've seen him play, not just Sunderland. I think he has the attributes to go all the way. You don't get strength and pace together very often and he has both. Micah has those too, and Vinny, although Vinny has an excellent footballing brain too.

Me too and that's why I said "Good player , excellent prospect" but as I remember the Arsenal game I also remember the WBA game where he was average and the Chelsea game where he was a very lucky boy.Plus I have seen him play reserve games as well.

He does basically have everything and time will tell whether it's enough to become a top prem player or not.

Dedders has all the attributes needed to make the grade at the highest level. You only have to look at the handful of starts he's had... Rags (semi-final), Chelsea, Arsenal to name a few.

Bobby has faith in the kid. So do I.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I think the fact that last Season he was chosen in front of Nedhum made most of us sit up and take notice. So far; I cant see any sort of weakness in his Game. My only issue with what's been said so far is that I dont see how going out on loan would improve him. I think he would have got more games this season if it hadn't have been for a couple of injuries at inopportune moments.

You develop better playing 90 mins week in week out than coming on for 8 mins or playing 70 mins now and again.

As good as he is he isn't going to be Kompany's partner next season, he isn't ready. We will have Kompany, Boateng and Lescott and Kolo aswell depending on the ban, as we have seen this season they are more than capable to be in a team winning everything. It's better for Boyata and for us in the future if Boyata was to get regular games on loan elswhere.

When we bought Boateng for 17m at 21 he had played 124 professional games and by playing 124 times he was playing regulary enough to be picked 10 times for Germany. Boyata turns 21 later this year, if he stays with us and gets a game here and there then he might get to 25-30 apperances in his career and alot of them would of been sub appearances. Boateng at that age would have 100 more game experience than Boyata and the only way you cut out the mistakes and develop your potential is if you play regulary.

Didsbury Dave said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but amongst all the excitement about Sunday's game I haven't seen much mention of Boyata's performacne. I thought he was outstanding. Every time I see this lad I see more and more ability. He's quick - and I like my centre halves quick. He's strong and good in the air. But what surprised me seeing him at fullback was that he is good on the ball too. He got forward well and his distribution was good.

I think this lad's got it all. He reminds me a lot of Micah when he was breaking into our team. If the Arsenal cockup set him back, then he looks well on his way again now.

I think he's going all the way to the top and I believe he'll be first choice centre half very soon, possibly next season. Great to see another Academy product breaking through even with our quality squad.

If Lescott continues to show the form he's currently producing then we'll have a few decent years off him. Kompany will then progress into his late 20's and when it comes time for Lescott to move aside Boyata will be the perfect replacement. And the booster is that no money will have to be spent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.