Deeds to your house

They did away with paper deeds here in Oz, not sure about UK.
All held digitally at Land registry, much easier when buying and selling, and they can't get lost.

I have an account with them, the £3 search will tell you who owns it for example and any charges, to get the deeds it costs £7 per document and there can be more than one.

Anyone searching should take care to avoid the scam sites that look like land registry but charge you over the odds for getting data you could easily get yourself.

We were lucky enough to pay our mortgage off a few years ago..
We don’t know where our deeds are.. Sure the solicitor had them, but they deny it , so dunno where they are.... Suppose the kids might need em if we peg it ..?

The solicitor who conveyed your house should be able to tell you and probably has secure storage.

How can you find out if they are electronically logged ? Cheers
Go on the Land Registry web site. I am sure it is still £3 to check they have your house registered. It is very simple to do.
Back to my first reply, because my mums house was purchased in 1957 they do not have any deeds at LR. most houses have been bought or sold over the last 30 years (not sure of the exact date) and LR now has a digital copy.
The only reason you would need the original deeds is regarding a dispute over a boundary but if your house has been bought and sold a few times they are likely to be lost anyway.

Ours are in a box file labelled “House” along with the utility contracts, insurance policies etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.