Deep lying playmaker

sboroMCFC

I think last night showed that we really should go out and spend some serious cash on a world class deep lying playmaker who can spray the ball about. During both legs Scholes/Carrick/Fletcher kept pinging the ball out to the wingers so early that within a few seconds they were one on one with the full back. Unfortunately we don't have anyone in the team with that passing ability so by the time we have worked it to our 'wingers' the opposition have regrouped and can defend against it. I know we played a defensive team but the lack of passing ability in the side was quite scary.

turts said:
definately lacking a berkovic type player

Ireland's short passing is fantastic, but I'm thinking someone along the lines of a Xabi Alonso type player.

sboroMCFC said:
turts said:
definately lacking a berkovic type player

Ireland's short passing is fantastic, but I'm thinking someone along the lines of a Xabi Alonso type player.
Ireland looks off the pace,saying that he does need games

We seem to rely on ball carriers instead, like Tevez and SWP. Variety would be good.

pee dubya said:
We seem to rely on ball carriers instead, like Tevez and SWP. Variety would be good.
Yeah. We never let the ball do the work, its always has to come from a piece of magic.

dare i say it...

elano might have been a good shout. could have been another one of these lads who has been given a new lease of life under the new regime. look the effect he has had on richards and petrov etc, and where the eff has boyata come from?

Robinho? Certainly had the ability and would have seen plenty of the ball, oh hes gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.