Defeat tonight means we pay a heavy price!!!!!

rastus said:
Understand what you are saying, but its not all doom and gloom.

We have mega rich owners in a global credit crunch, top teams will have to sell there top players to the highest bidder. So I feel we will still be able to attract very good even world class players. I also think if MH doesnt get us the 7th spot a new manager with some pull will be appointed.
Thanks for the words of optimism mate.
I really hope your right.

Who do you want as manager, Mourinho is a egotistic big mouthed attention seeking idiot. At least Hughes has had time to look at the players. I hope we have the sense to let him get on with it in the summer, when he will have a lot of work to do. Who the do you want as manager?. This year has been a difficult one for all concerned at City. The expectation levels have gone through the roof, the press cant wait to see us fall, the London press have an interest in keeping us out of the top 4. A lot of things have happened in a short time. Hold your nerve boys, i believe Hughes can do it.

mcfcmatt said:
Biglebowski said:
Defeat tonight means nobody is going to take us seriously.

And why is that? and who is not going to take us seriously?

no one ever did look at the papers and the tv, but we are in at the begining of something special

simonk said:
Biglebowski said:
I think when the dust settles and some get over the short term euphoria off seeing a half decent performance tonight.

The reality will sink in that our entire season’s hopes disappeared tonight, along with next season’s hopes

Defeat tonight means that our transfer targets for next season will have to be players who are not involved in Europe next season.

Defeat tonight means we are unlikely now to be in Europe again until season 2010/2011.

I don’t care what anybody says to me we have now gone backwards after substantial investment.

If we had a 5 year plan it has just become a 7 year plan tonight.

I posted this the other day
its a fact
money does not talk that big
we will not sign the top players
we will be also rans again
the only thing that will change this is a manager with major pull
and he aint welsh

Thank god thats Toshack out of the frame then

mcfcmatt said:
Biglebowski said:

And why is that? and who is not going to take us seriously?

I agree I think people will take us seriousley.
Ok we might have to pay through the nose for players but we know that already.
I think we have to remember what S**T we have been through and not start thinking we are going to be the best team in the world in one season.
Agreed we aren't where we want to be but how many managers do we want to go through?
Each time starting again and then binning them off if we dont win trophies in one season

Biglebowski said:
I think when the dust settles and some get over the short term euphoria off seeing a half decent performance tonight.

The reality will sink in that our entire season’s hopes disappeared tonight, along with next season’s hopes

Defeat tonight means that our transfer targets for next season will have to be players who are not involved in Europe next season.

Defeat tonight means we are unlikely now to be in Europe again until season 2010/2011.

I don’t care what anybody says to me we have now gone backwards after substantial investment.

Eh, we've put ourselves on the map that we can play with some of the best, Hamburg are a really good team and it came so close you could smell the shite from their half of the south stand when the off side goal went in. We hit the post twice with set pieces, picture if they'd went in. We've proven we can put some of the best (not particularly the elite) to the test and give them a run for their money.

Works in our benefit if we can have a season with no Europe, get a proper SQUAD together without having them play twice a week or travelling to the arse hole of no where (or denmark...) then playing important matches at the weekend. A good season of battling it out in the league, working on our defence, letting our younger players get more game time in the LEAGUE and not worrying about over working the team will be good for us.

Biglebowski said:

FUCK OF YOU RAG BASTARD

Agree with Bluemanc, no Uefa next season means we have a chance of doing something in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.