Defending the indefencible....

bluemoon1078 said:
As i have said all along you can not hang the man before he has had a chance to get the players in that he wants and ship out some of the sulky bastards that don't want to put it in for the team.

would normally agree with this comment and it was certainly my line of thinking up til not so long ago. however, look at the the way Harry for example has turned things round at Spurs. none of those players were his signings and there must have been some sulky bastards or a few wrong uns there if they weren't all playing for Ramos. He's come in and shaken up a bunch of, to him, unknowns. Why can;t Hughes do that with a bunch consisting of some of his signings?

my measure of a good manager (in spite of my gut feeling that they should be given time to build their own team) is that they can lift any players spirits and cut through any backroom bollocks (provided they aren't the instigator) and get the them playing as a team.

Hughes seemingly cannot do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.