Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. Rebelblue

Rebelblue

Have we any updates on how the two at Athletico have done last year or two? Koke and Saul Niguez? Are they a good fit? Both impressed any time I've seen them, but not watched out for them for a while.

Probably be big money, but it really is the one role we need to get spot on and the Yaya slot is available now surely.

2. NOID

NOID

Isn't Saul Niguez on a 9 year contract and a mad Athletico fan ? Zero chance of that happening imo.

3. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Jorginho, Wiegl or Kroos (28).

4. Bpughh

Bpughh

hard to imagine pep finding someone who can fit his system and the premier league as well as dinho does. we could take a gamble on a less mobile and more tactile player like busquets (weigl)... but the premier league is a different animal. ndombele has the attributes but maybe not the style. I'm not sure he'd be the best fit but he is the most interesting prospect to me.

5. Ric

Ric

6. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

Mousa Dembele would be a superb signing! No idea why Spurs would want to sell him.

7. richards30

richards30

Jorginho Or Fred please

8. Delphinho

Delphinho

Fabinho, Jorginho or this guy:

9. lust overlord

lust overlord

basking in the glow of my own self importance.
    Quite like Ndidi at Leicester.

10. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

Interesting choice, I always see him as Leicester's really shit replacement for Kante. Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of Leicester games, but the ones I have I always think how gutted their fans must be to lose him despite winning the league and end up with Ndidi who looks like he should play in the Championship. Maybe he's improved since I last saw him?

I think we can do far better though - needs to be an absolute premium defensive midfielder, as good as Fernandinho, because that's who he'd be replacing.