Defensive pairing against Real?

When the club obviously briefed the press a few weeks ago, nearly every single report had Mangala leaving.

In fact, nearly every report regarding our transfer business suggests he's leaving.

Personally I'd keep him, but why act stupid and pretend the idea he might go is a great surprise?
The fact I had to ask is because I hadn,t heard anything. Why act stupid and respond the way you did?

Kompany + Otamendi. Both Otamendi and Mangala are GREAT defenders if you exclude their flaws. Otamendi is rash and prone to some brainfarts. Mangala is less rash but prone to more brainfarts. I'd rather have a rash defender than one prone to brainfarts.

Kompany + Otamendi. Both Otamendi and Mangala are GREAT defenders if you exclude their flaws. Otamendi is rash and prone to some brainfarts. Mangala is less rash but prone to more brainfarts. I'd rather have a rash defender than one prone to brainfarts.

Both Ota and Mangler are match fit. Not sure I would break that pairing up with someone who isn't

Both Ota and Mangler are match fit. Not sure I would break that pairing up with someone who isn't
We still have 10 days until the match. Pretty sure Kompany can be fit during that time. KDB wasn't and still isn't match fit either but the effect was immense. I know Kompany is much more injury prone, but it's a risk we have to take at this level. We have more time to assess him and see how he does in the newcastle game.

We still have 10 days until the match. Pretty sure Kompany can be fit during that time. KDB wasn't and still isn't match fit either but the effect was immense. I know Kompany is much more injury prone, but it's a risk we have to take at this level. We have more time to assess him and see how he does in the newcastle game.

Maybe. Personally though I wouldn't risk it as it's another change to what is becoming a settled back 4 which are showing signs of gelling well

Otamendi makes Mangala look bad, Mangala's a different player next to Vinny therefore I think we should go with Vinny and Mangala

it doesn't matter who gonna play between kompany, ota and mangler.
the tricky part are to or not to include Yaya back in the 4-2-3-1 formation.
our back 4 looks secure when nando and dinho protecting in front of them.
with KDB look comfortable behind Aguero, the only left is a wide position.

the right Question are, whether to start Yaya or not?
if yes, what his right position? since he don't have such workrate to play DM.
Yaya playing well when City had possession, but become invisible off the ball.
i didn't expect City to dominate the game against Real.
we need to be discipline at the back, hit them on the break.

Last edited:
it doesn't matter who gonna play between kompany, ota and mangler.
the tricky part are to or not to include Yaya back in the 4-2-3-1 formation.
our back 4 looks secure when nando and dinho protecting in front of them.
with KDB look comfortable behind Aguero, the only left is a wide position.

the right Question are, whether to start Yaya or not?
if yes, what his right position? since he don't have such workrate to play DM.

Yaya is a tricky one. We look more solid with him out but he keeps possession better than the rest. We gave the ball away quite a lot against PSG but luckily they didn't seem too interested in making us pay for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.