Delap's throw ins

Thatchersforearm said:
The throw ins themselves don't do the damage, it's the static defenders who allow Stoke players free headers. It's amazing how many of their goals come from direct headers as opposed to flick-ons or goal mouth scrambles as a result of the throw. Like Mancini said, the two unmarked players caused the trouble. If they were properly marked they don't score a free header. I'm not trying to take anything away from Delap or Stoke. Or is that too simplistic?

Pick yer man and not the space

stonerblue said:
Thatchersforearm said:
The throw ins themselves don't do the damage, it's the static defenders who allow Stoke players free headers. It's amazing how many of their goals come from direct headers as opposed to flick-ons or goal mouth scrambles as a result of the throw. Like Mancini said, the two unmarked players caused the trouble. If they were properly marked they don't score a free header. I'm not trying to take anything away from Delap or Stoke. Or is that too simplistic?

Pick yer man and not the space

And what happens when the dozey fuckers pick neither? Atleast space doesn't move.

Thatchersforearm said:
Like Mancini said, the two unmarked players caused the trouble
They had 4 in the box we had 10 ffs,has this zone marking got a fuckin twilight area or what.

we had enough men back in the box but no one picked up that donkey fuller giving him a free header. we made him look like a world beater inthe end.

Zonal system is pants - all you need is to move to opposing players into the same zone and you've immediately doubled your chances of winning the ball; Agree with everyone - move players out of the area and ask the question most teams who employ this tactic will be aware of the counter attack and the threat is nullified

ctid

I didn't understand why SWP stood were he was.. Why not stand right on the line so it puts him off. Not half way so the ball is alright in the air traveling just didn't make sense to me. Was really getting on my nervs.

I nearly had a thrombi at the game on Satrurday. Where has this 'all eleven back in the box' thing come from?

There was one occasion where the whole team was so flat the ball was half cleared to the edge of the D and there was not one City player in a position to pick it up. That is a joke.

Now I'm no Fabio Capello but by having all our team in our area we create chaos. It smacks of desparation. It leaves the opposition to focus entirely on their attack without worrying about a counter (which is one of our strengths).

The OP is spot on, get the big lads back, manmark, attack the ball and be ready to turn defence into attack by getting the ball out to the likes of SWP on the halfway line.

Lets try and turn their one and only threat into our advantage.

Newlunar said:
I nearly had a thrombi at the game on Satrurday. Where has this 'all eleven back in the box' thing come from?

There was one occasion where the whole team was so flat the ball was half cleared to the edge of the D and there was not one City player in a position to pick it up. That is a joke.

Now I'm no Fabio Capello but by having all our team in our area we create chaos. It smacks of desparation. It leaves the opposition to focus entirely on their attack without worrying about a counter (which is one of our strengths).

The OP is spot on, get the big lads back, manmark, attack the ball and be ready to turn defence into attack by getting the ball out to the likes of SWP on the halfway line.

Lets try and turn their one and only threat into our advantage.

There was one occasion where the whole team was so flat the ball was half cleared to the edge of the D and there was not one City player in a position to pick it up
That has happened a hell of a lot more times than once with this system.
The ball just comes straight friggin back so although the problem is sorted at the 1st phase the 2nd phase ball causes mayhem when it's sent back in.
In the 2nd half at the swamp from any sort of set piece it was coming straight back at us because we had no outlet outside the area.

is it me or do they throw the biggest player sidebe i think to front and our biggest defender goes with him, its a ploy to take best defender away as it always clears the front few and leaves all our shortarses to look after fuller,shawcross etc.... fuckin clever but simple and obviously effective...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.