Delap's throw ins

stokelad said:
warpig said:
we had enough men back in the box but no one picked up that donkey fuller giving him a free header. we made him look like a world beater inthe end.

Calling Fuller a Donkey is ridiculous,ok im a soke fan and am going to defend our players,but calling him a donkey NO!!!!! to me fuller is now the complete striker,he used to be greedy but has now started to pass the ball when he needs to,and he shows on occasions flair and skill that any top 4 side would have in there side at the drop of a hat(as i said sometimes).Take his goal against Villa last season if it were any of the top 4 strikers it would be repeated over and over and over again,but because its little old stoke it gets pushed aside.When Fuller comes on as a impact sub the whole game changes near enough everytime (for the better) as he gives the team a lift and his holding up of the ball is great.Now if i was looking at donkeys it would have to be adebayor,he wasnt even in the game saturday and to be quite honest he has been dogshit for you all season,i am not knocking him or even comparing him to fuller as they arnt in the same league but calling our players donkeys when you have a fair few in your side totalling probably more than 100 millon compared to our Ric who cost us £500,000 is stupid.

gaz
your stoke and your a fuckin joke you twats chucked bricks at me when we beat 5-2

As an aside, does anyone remember a City reserve defender from the late 70s/early 80s called Noel Bradley? He never played for the first team but was reputed to have the longest throw in world football at the time. Think he went to Bury or somewhere eventually

Getting to the ball first is the name of the game ......

it doesn't matter if Delap chucks the fuckin' thing 300 yards ..... we need a City head to get to it first ... and that should be the first things on our defenders minds ..... not where their attackers are standing , or how many of them there are!

kippax23 said:
stokelad said:
Calling Fuller a Donkey is ridiculous,ok im a soke fan and am going to defend our players,but calling him a donkey NO!!!!! to me fuller is now the complete striker,he used to be greedy but has now started to pass the ball when he needs to,and he shows on occasions flair and skill that any top 4 side would have in there side at the drop of a hat(as i said sometimes).Take his goal against Villa last season if it were any of the top 4 strikers it would be repeated over and over and over again,but because its little old stoke it gets pushed aside.When Fuller comes on as a impact sub the whole game changes near enough everytime (for the better) as he gives the team a lift and his holding up of the ball is great.Now if i was looking at donkeys it would have to be adebayor,he wasnt even in the game saturday and to be quite honest he has been dogshit for you all season,i am not knocking him or even comparing him to fuller as they arnt in the same league but calling our players donkeys when you have a fair few in your side totalling probably more than 100 millon compared to our Ric who cost us £500,000 is stupid.

gaz
your stoke and your a fuckin joke you twats chucked bricks at me when we beat 5-2

I was at that match and i didn't chuck bricks at you......so am i a twat because i was there??

Like all clubs, yourselves definately included, there are supposed fans who ruin it for everybody. Doesn't make the club a fucking joke does it??

Shafter said:
kippax23 said:

I was at that match and i didn't chuck bricks at you......so am i a twat because i was there??

Like all clubs, yourselves definately included, there are supposed fans who ruin it for everybody. Doesn't make the club a fucking joke does it??

Us definatley included?

Please back that up, I've not witnessed any major violence at City for a while..

warpig said:
stokelad said:
he used to be greedy but has now started to pass the ball when he needs to,and he shows on occasions flair and skill that any top 4 side would have in there side at the drop of a hat

hahaha. yeh keep on dreaming.
The dream will never end warpig

stokelad said:

gaz

I have to say this is a fair post. Over the last two seasons I think Fuller has looked every bit the part, much better than the likes of Heskey and Crouch. If England insist on a big man to play next to Rooney then I think it should be this lad, pace and power plus he has an eye for a goal.

(Probably going to find out he isn't even English now)

mcfcliam said:
Shafter said:

Us definatley included?

Please back that up, I've not witnessed any major violence at City for a while..
Liam liam liam........How the fuck can i back that up with a particular example especially when we all know that every club has it's fair share of idiots. But if you can prove otherwise then please enlighten me!!

Dancini said:
stokelad said:

gaz

I have to say this is a fair post. Over the last two seasons I think Fuller has looked every bit the part, much better than the likes of Heskey and Crouch. If England insist on a big man to play next to Rooney then I think it should be this lad, pace and power plus he has an eye for a goal.

(Probably going to find out he isn't even English now)
He's jamaican mate lol (but i reckon you knew that anyway)!! Good post though and as a stoke fan i agree wholeheartedly

I beg to differ, we have looked very solid at defending set pieces under Mancini. The weak link is toure, I think he should be benched against Stoke as he's not dominant enough in the air, boyata would be more suitable.

Regarding the goal we conceded, if we would have marked the zones right it would never have happened.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
To anyone at the club or anyone who knows people at the club, please tell Mancini not to bring every player back for Delap' throw ins and please stop that zonal bollocks.

Hughes' defending may have been shit but if there's one thing he nailed, it was how to defend Delap's throws. We defended them better than any other club imo. Leave 3 small players on the half way line (last season it was SWP, Robinho and Sturridge/Elano). Then mark there players attacking the ball (which was only 4 of them on Sat) man for man and let Given come out and collect the ball without a packed area in his way. This worked perfectly last season with both Hart and Given, so let's do it again.

The reason I've said man for man as well is, 1) because I think it's better and 2) even if we lose the header, when you have a man near you it can put you off, no fucker was near Fuller for his goal on Saturday.

There's also a chance of a break with 3 left up top that could get us a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.