Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

Keep all your receipts. As you have a brief then they will know the procedures etc. I believe that there are standard scales for different injuries and this together with all asociated costs will form the amount of your compensation. As it is not decided by jury then you won't be able to retire on it but hopefully you will get what you are due.
The fact that he has been found guilty should mean that you will win your case. It will probably not go to court. Keep us all posted.

Then you believe wrong.

There are standard scales in criminal injury compensation cases.

In civil personal injury cases there are broad guidelines and past case law used to determine injury awards/settlements.

Then you believe wrong.

There are standard scales in criminal injury compensation cases.

In civil personal injury cases there are broad guidelines and past case law used to determine injury awards/settlements.
I bow to your more accurate description. Somewhat of a semantic put down I feel. I wasn't looking to give chapter and verse as the OP has a brief who I am sure will be able to advise, as I said before any mention of standard scales. Just out of curiosity, what would you perceive a scale to be?

His insurer just admitted criminal liability and I have a brief on the case... No idea what the compensation will be but I guess I'll find out.. I'm not holding my breath

I'll get 80% which is better than nothing
I got a 90% tear of the rotator cuff in the shoulder with my accident, but it did heal itself. No surgery, no time off work. I came out with about £5000 + costs (for petrol and parking due to not being able to cycle commute). About 7yrs ago that.

I got £1000 almost immediately because, I assume, the driver accepted blame, then the rest takes about a year but will depend on complexity of injuries and further assessments I guess. The immediate payment is, or was at the time, mandatory to be paid. Not sure if still so.

I almost didn't claim as well.

Just an update re my cycling incident... Physically I am good but will always have some minor issues because of the way my hand healed naturally out of shape and because of nerve damage in the shoulder due to the surgery to pin my collar bone.

The driver admitted criminal negligence and therefore his insurer is paying for more physio and my claim for compensation is ongoing via my solicitor.

The driver appeared in Wrexham Magistrates court on June 12th and was awarded a fine of £369, £85 costs and was given 7 penalty points... I was not even invited to attend and have no clue what he was charged with.

He'd have been fined more for persistent littering...

Not impressed

Purposely drives into you and that's all the **** gets. Minimum driving ban should have been imposed.
Get well soon blue.

I had no camera footage but three independent witnesses who thankfully stopped. They all confirmed that they thought he had done it deliberately but maybe footage would have had him bang to rights

I haven't been back on the road on the bike yet (not sure I will) since it was repaired but hopefully all my expenses will be covered on top of compo.. the bike repair owes me ~£600 on its own

Don't accept the first offer. You should be looking about £5k for the damage to you and your bike, plus the additional costs of your daily commute now you cannot cycle.

Good to hear you're on the mend. I came off my bike two and a half years ago and hurt myself so much I was passing blood. Really scared me. I've not been on it since though Ive cleaned it twice. Harry Halls said it was the cleanest bike they had worked on!

Don't accept the first offer. You should be looking about £5k for the damage to you and your bike, plus the additional costs of your daily commute now you cannot cycle.

Good to hear you're on the mend. I came off my bike two and a half years ago and hurt myself so much I was passing blood. Really scared me. I've not been on it since though Ive cleaned it twice. Harry Halls said it was the cleanest bike they had worked on!

I only used the bike for fitness but I haven't used it since the accident, for physical reasons initially but maybe now a mix of ongoing issues with my shoulder and hand plus a mental block. The bike is pristine after repair as you can imagine and I did toy with selling it but it's too good to let go based on what it cost me... The bike repair bill was ~£600 and I also itemised the bike gear that was pretty much all trashed bar my shoes, broken helmet (which really did its job) and torn jacket / leggings and gloves so I hope to see some cover for those.

Thanks for your best wishes and thanks for all the other replies I've had...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.