Demichelis released

A really good buy for us.

I guess he is on a considerable salary, given his pedigree, so it is a good development however.

For the money we spent he was a good signing. Struggled initially but I'll never forget that heroic performance away at Hull when Vinny was sent off. Three trophies in three years is fair play to him.

For the money we spent he was a good signing. Struggled initially but I'll never forget that heroic performance away at Hull when Vinny was sent off. Three trophies in three years is fair play to him.
Good shout. I remember that game.

A pity he went out after a poor season for club and player. I think he would have been a fantastic player to have in your team when he was in his 20s. I respected him for giving everything even when his game was compromised by age. Played on a year too long at City.

Shame last season, he stayed, as he was well past it but before that Demichelis did so well, considering how bad his start was. Age caught up for thos last season though.

Released

Albinson, Charlie
Demichelis, Martin Gaston
Oseni, Nathaniel Adeyomi Andrew
Tattum, Sam
Wright, Richard Ian

Top man, proper footballer. Wish we'd signed him 10 years previously, his positioning and organisation were superb, just a shame age caught up with him and Pellers was too inflexible to offer him enough cover. Defending the edge of the box I would say there was no better defender in the league for those first 2 years. Best of luck Martin.

Special mention also to Richard Wright, whose 0 appearances in 4 seasons will provide an interesting narrative for his grandchildren.

Have we forgiven him for the mistake against Barca? .....No seriously he was a fine player for a few years. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
Have we forgiven him for the mistake against Barca? .....No seriously he was a fine player for a few years. Best of luck to him.

Never been totally convinced that that was his mistake. As I saw it, it was as much Vinny's as his, and repeated viewings of it have only confirmed that. He had to do what he did.

I liked Martin, until he started playing in slow motion in his second season here.

Never been totally convinced that that was his mistake. As I saw it, it was as much Vinny's as his, and repeated viewings of it have only confirmed that. He had to do what he did.

I liked Martin, until he started playing in slow motion in his second season here.

Vincent's mistake that day, he charged towards the half way line in a vain attempt to win a ball that was a gamble. His over commitment left Demichelis alone against Messi!

It was the referees mistake to give a penalty and not a free kick however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.