Demichelis signs contract extension

Ric said:
Yeah, it's a no-brainer for me. Replacing him would use up funds that would be better spent elsewhere this summer.

You've got to admire the way Demichelis has turned things around, considering how widely pilloried he was last season. He's shown great character, and is arguably our most consistent defender this season.

That's great news, Demi is one of my favourites (I know, I know, not hard for me when I only have one non-favourite City player!!) but I just wish he had kept his pony tail because when I am in the 'Gods' at an away match I don't always recognise him!!! ;-)

Plus, and more importantly, he is a great player. Like you Ric I admire the way he stuck in there and always hoped that he never read any of the posts on here slagging him off.

Great news. Martin proved me and thousands like me wrong.I'm very pleased he's been rewarded with the extra year.
Currently our best central defender.

Great news. That means we have 3/4 spots covered for the CB positin and also, both Demichelis and Mangala are suited as LCBs. That would suggest we don't really count with Rekik for at least another season, which I don't really mind, and I guess that's a major opinion here. However, it will be interesting whether we stick with Boyata again, I would replace him with Denayer already, but again, it's about the decision whether a full season with 30+ games for Jason isn't better than learning alongside Kompany, Demichelis and co. but play only like 15 games.

Also, if you consider this contract extension, you might tend to agree with this tweet:
View From A Blue ‏@viewfromablue 22m22 minutes ago
Also, does Demichelis's new deal suggest Pellegrini is staying? Those two are linked so closely - hard to see MD staying if Pellegrini left.

(Although Simeone also bought him on a free transfer just before we grabbed him from Atleti. :D )

Great news in that Mangala will learn more from him than from Kompany. That is no disrespect to Kompany I just think Mangala can only improve in learning from somebody that has been and played at the top level all over the world.

I love the guy.He has a good range of passing skills and without doubt he has been our top defender so far this season.Well done Martin and for me he would have been the obvious choice to replace Vinnie as skipper with his organisational skills.But I think we all know the reasons why we gave Yaya that role. ;)

Personally I think we should make more use of him in deep midfield - not every game but especially those 'park the bus' teams. On the brief flashes he has played there he has more or less controlled it.

aguero93:20 said:
IWasHere said:
Missed opportunity to promote denayer next season

I must have missed Boyata getting an extension.

Boyata still has a year to run on his contract though. It'll be interesting to see if they try and ship him out this summer to free up a space for Denayer or Rekik.

Sensible decision. Still got plenty to offer us and plays Pellegrinis defensive tactics better than anyone else alongside him. Really warmed to him as a player, nice to see he plays with a smile on his face. Doesn't seem to let anything faze him which is one of the main reasons he brushed away his poor start without any fuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.