Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/27/4218102/manchester-city-agree-4m-deal-with-atletico-madrid-for" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... madrid-for</a>

Manchester City have agreed a deal in principle with Atletico Madrid for centre-back Martin Demichelis, Goal understands.

MANCHESTER CITY LATEST
City have negotiated a fee of around £3.5 million up front, plus a further £500k in add-ons, with the Liga club.

Personal terms are yet to be agreed with the Argentine stopper, though further talks are scheduled for Wednesday as the Premier League side look to recruit cover for the injured Vincent Kompany.

Insightful video of his game against Real, does look good I have to admit.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9695903/mart_n_demichelis_vs_real_madrid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9695903/m ... al_madrid/</a>

I am reserving my judgement. Lets hope he can replicate this form for us.

Seems like this is just a matter of time now and have to say I am pretty pleased with it, even if it is a stop-gap measure it is a smart move. IF he is still around the first team next season then it is a bonus.

Not as slow as people are making out (not lightning at all but has a burst of speed on him), strong, good communicator and reads the game very well. He also can play the offside trap effectively and I think Pelle is heading that way with us. Also comfortable as left or right side centre back.

Nothing is guaranteed in football, but as I say, seems a smart signing. I seem to recall that when Barca sold off that Mexican centre back, (Marquez was it?) Demichelis was supposedly very high on their list of replacements. Think they got Mascherano instead in the end.

bluetonium said:
Seems like this is just a matter of time now and have to say I am pretty pleased with it, even if it is a stop-gap measure it is a smart move. IF he is still around the first team next season then it is a bonus.

Not as slow as people are making out (not lightning at all but has a burst of speed on him), strong, good communicator and reads the game very well. He also can play the offside trap effectively and I think Pelle is heading that way with us. Also comfortable as left or right side centre back.

Nothing is guaranteed in football, but as I say, seems a smart signing. I seem to recall that when Barca sold off that Mexican centre back, (Marquez was it?) Demichelis was supposedly very high on their list of replacements. Think they got Mascherano instead in the end.

Shit they prefered mascherano to him still better than garcia

uwe rosler 28 said:
bluetonium said:

Shit they prefered mascherano to him still better than garcia

Yep, that's true. Though some of the flak for his performance against Cardiff isn't fair, I thought he identified and dealt with Campbell's pace by the second half, either cutting out the ball or getting a challenge in to push him away from where he wanted to be, it was the set pieces that were the issue. That said, I would not want to see him at CB again any time soon.

iirc Barca were chasing Mascherano like mad anyway, primarily for a defensive midfield position, then converted him to a makeshift centre back too. He probably is a better player anyway to be honest. Plus they moved Puyol into the centre from full back as they got Dani Alves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.