Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
Hopefully Pelle won't play favourites with him as it could stunt Nastasic's growth

Im only interested in which individual improves our team the most,if that's this lad then the bench is where Nastasic should be,all players should be subject to healthy competition.

At 20yrs old,he should welcome the chance to learn from such experience.

Pace is a great attribute to have as a cb, but its primeraly used to get you out of a sticky situation. All the true great cb's don't rely on pace as a key to their game . Look at Maldini, arguably the best cb ever and he was never really all that quick. Positional awareness, strength and timing are what makes a truly great cb.

At this point i trust Pelle with whatever deals he thinks will improve us. A lot of big mouthes will be shut when our "average, overly expensive" signings rip teams a new one.

Could be better signing then Pepe. Be a lot cheaper and won't expect to start every game. As a cover cb I say yes! Has experience and knows pellegrinis system very well. If Pelli didnt think he could do it I'm sure we won't go after him.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Pace is a great attribute to have as a cb, but its primeraly used to get you out of a sticky situation. All the true great cb's don't rely on pace as a key to their game . Look at Maldini, arguably the best cb ever and he was never really all that quick. Positional awareness, strength and timing are what makes a truly great cb.

Sorry but that's just not true, Maldini was VERY quick in his 20's and relied on his reading of the game (which for a defender was second-to-none) as he got older.

Demichelis is a decent choice and if Atleti will not demand silly money for the player then it shouldn't be a concern.

Daz_Blue said:
Manchester City is in advanced talks with Malaga's Argentina DeMichelis, according to Cadena Ser
He was named in last years La Liga team of the year...cannot be crap ?

difficult, De Michelis just signed this year for the Atletico de Madrid of his friend Simeone, beside that he knows very well Pellegrini´s system. but as a player Javi Garcia is Flash if you compare him with De Michelis,his strongest point is his knowledge or ability to be in the right place at the right time. I wouldn´t recomend that signing,too old and too slow, he can play in teams with more compact defenses like Atletico, however he did well in Malaga.

Should have gone for when he was available on a free. Never saw the point of spending silly money on Pepe.

Bilboblue said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Sorry but that's just not true, Maldini was VERY quick in his 20's and relied on his reading of the game (which for a defender was second-to-none) as he got older.
Think you'll find that Maldini played at left back too. Baresi wasn't the fastest but he damn sure was one of the best, CB's in the world. Pace isn't everything but experience, quick thinking and awareness as a CB are, so I'd be happy with Demichelis.

conormcfc said:
He possesses similar physical attributes to Mertesacker. Make of that what you will.

Like Mertesacker, he also reads the game very well and has already proven himself capable of playing in a system with a high line. I'd probably rather him than silly money on Pepe.

Mertzy doesn't read the game well. At all.

mscenterh750 said:
Bilboblue said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Think you'll find that Maldini played at left back too. Baresi wasn't the fastest but he damn sure was one of the best, CB's in the world. Pace isn't everything but experience, quick thinking and awareness as a CB are, so I'd be happy with Demichelis.

If Lescott had gone earlier in the window then DeMichelis may have been a good replacement because we need four centre-backs, but there is a big difference between him and Pepe. Pepe will cope with the pace of the Premier League, but I can see DeMichelis coming unstuck against any team which lifts a ball over our backline into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.