Demichelis

Jeepers, some right nonsense spouted on here. Everyone seems to be an expert on team selection nowadays. Demichelis was the only available center back to slot in yesterday. But as reserve center backs go, he is a proven international with bags of experience at the highest level. Putting him up against an 18 year old child isn't even a risk 99% of the time. What has occurred with Rashford is a total freak. The lad is riding a wave at the moment, but it's only a matter of time before it runs out of steam. It's not the first time a defender got skinned by a rookie and it won't be the last. You can't take em all out the back and shoot them after the match. It could have easily been Otamendi.
So what was the reason for him playing against Leicester City then?

It's the manager to blame for selecting the wrong team (again), but some want to blame a 35 year old player who was set up to fail by Pelligrini . y!
I wont hang my head in shame knowing that a 20 year old exciting prospect was casually cast aside for a player who was due to leave anyway. This lies solely with whoever gave Demichelis a contract extension. That kid would have had premier league experience AND Champions league experience (vs Gladbach and Juve). And before you start with the "he would have struggled against Juve" don't forget he made his debut against ATLETICO MADRID!! and gave them a spanking too despite the 2-0 loss.
I've got absolutely nothing against Demichelis, he's already chiseled his name into a tiny part of City folklore imo, but I find it shameful that we're here discussing how his legs have gone when he himself knew long ago that his time was up, all the while we had a fresh Denayer with first team experience and silverware, hungry for just an inch of game time.

Demichelis is no doubt a true servant of City and will be remember by me for sure

I can't accept that demichelis has lost the ability to perform simple defensive functions by getting a year older. Yes he's lost pace, but he should still have the positional awareness and moreover the defensive acumen to not get square on or slide in when not needed or fucking pass the ball back to your keeper without looking! Him and his manager are both to blame, equally, and it has summed up this wank couple of years for us as a football team.

MDM is not that bad a defender its the system we play, if Mdm is playing we have to have the two ferns playing to stop anyone running at him, in the hole/space yaya has left when he has gone forward and is left hands on hips too fucked to get back, we simply cannot play MDM & Yaya without two holding midfielders, most of us can see it.

Don't usually comment on this site just been looking on it the past few days and Twitter etc. after the derby, some people are making Demichelis out as a scapegoat but in reality it goes much bigger than that, he didn't have anywhere near as bad a game as people make out, I saw someone give him a 2 from The Mirror, he made one mistake at the beginning of the game which was more or less Pellegrinis tactical screw up as he was just unfortunately thrown into the deep end 1 vs 1 with a pacey striker, you can't really blame the guy, he hadn't had a run of games before that game either so in my opinion they may have been better off playing Tosin Adarabioyo in that game as he has more pace, I thought he looked promising in the FA cup game and Pellegrini could do with giving more of his youngsters chances (especially Ineacheacho!) I think Mangala frustrated me more on Sunday because he had a solid game, but after the amount of bad games he has had in a City shirt I don't understand how he can just turn up for a big game with an improved performance, it really frustrates me, and the same with Otamendi in a sense who has had bad games too this season with bad errors he could be called a flop, at least with Otamendi I see a little bit more promise than with Mangala as he seems a bit more composed on the ball and in the tackle, where as Mangala just rushes out and encourages the opposition to run at him with his stupid decisions and positioning, there's a little bit of that with Otamendi but nowhere near as bad as Mangala, at the end of the day give Otamendi a 2nd chance next year under pep see what he does, sell/loan out Mangala and let Demichelis go back or Argentina.

Demichelis was a weak cog last season, weaker this. He isn't the be all, end all of our problems. Players have shockers, and his was a bad one. It happens. It shouldn't, but it has, all too often this season.

MDM is not that bad a defender its the system we play, if Mdm is playing we have to have the two ferns playing to stop anyone running at him, in the hole/space yaya has left when he has gone forward and is left hands on hips too fucked to get back, we simply cannot play MDM & Yaya without two holding midfielders, most of us can see it.
But this is about Martin Demichelis not this mysterious MDM character.

Jeepers, some right nonsense spouted on here. Everyone seems to be an expert on team selection nowadays. Demichelis was the only available center back to slot in yesterday. But as reserve center backs go, he is a proven international with bags of experience at the highest level. Putting him up against an 18 year old child isn't even a risk 99% of the time. What has occurred with Rashford is a total freak. The lad is riding a wave at the moment, but it's only a matter of time before it runs out of steam. It's not the first time a defender got skinned by a rookie and it won't be the last. You can't take em all out the back and shoot them after the match. It could have easily been Otamendi.
Your the one spouting nonsense. I accept he probably had to start although in hindsight a junior would have been much better. However, the manager by picking Demichelis had to insulate him with a team selection and defensive tactics that was fit for purpose. In this respect the manager for about the 25th time failed miserably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.