Denayer and Mangala

I would still like to see Mangala in the squad, not as first choice but as a squad player. I think he was hung out to dry by having our left backs fucking off and leaving him to cover the entire left hand side of our defence.

I guess Pep doesn't fancy him though.

I would still like to see Mangala in the squad, not as first choice but as a squad player. I think he was hung out to dry by having our left backs fucking off and leaving him to cover the entire left hand side of our defence.

I saw an something about him the other day, that he said that he learned more from Pep in one month than he did with Pellegrini in 2 years and he was appealing for a second chance if the interview is true. I'd say it's worth a shot.

I saw an something about him the other day, that he said that he learned more from Pep in one month than he did with Pellegrini in 2 years and he was appealing for a second chance if the interview is true. I'd say it's worth a shot.

I saw the same, I really do think he would do a job for us. The way he handled Costa in his first home game had me drooling. Sure there were many other shit my pants moments as well but there is a good player in there. He strikes me as a player who needs a coach who will really work with him and Pep could be the guy.

I get that people like Mangala and think he's a decent defender . but the idea that we should have him back is a strange one.
From watching City this year it is abundantly clear that Pep needs defenders who can play from the back and resist the press.
I agree that Mangala has some very useful defensive qualities as well as being big tall and fast but he is just not someone you want receiving the ball in a tight situation close to his own goal.

Agreed with this. But I don't think we'll keep him, he'll be an absolute steal for whoever gets him. Same with Denayer, shame he never got a look in.

I get that people like Mangala and think he's a decent defender . but the idea that we should have him back is a strange one.
From watching City this year it is abundantly clear that Pep needs defenders who can play from the back and resist the press.
I agree that Mangala has some very useful defensive qualities as well as being big tall and fast but he is just not someone you want receiving the ball in a tight situation close to his own goal.

I completely agree. He made Lescott look like Beckenbaur at times. He clearly has the physical attributes to be a footballer but, in my view, neither the footballing skills nor judgement. The thought of our keeping giving him the ball in tight spaces so he can play the ball out from the back would give me nightmares. Aside from ball playing, I felt there were far too many times he would amble to a ball over his head and give the forward a sporting chance of nicking it off him.

There is not a chance that Mangala can play in a Pep side. He has played 8 times for France in 4 years so it is clearly not just Pep who doesn't rate him.

I completely agree. He made Lescott look like Beckenbaur at times. He clearly has the physical attributes to be a footballer but, in my view, neither the footballing skills nor judgement. The thought of our keeping giving him the ball in tight spaces so he can play the ball out from the back would give me nightmares. Aside from ball playing, I felt there were far too many times he would amble to a ball over his head and give the forward a sporting chance of nicking it off him.

There is not a chance that Mangala can play in a Pep side. He has played 8 times for France in 4 years so it is clearly not just Pep who doesn't rate him.

He will be a good defender for a team that plays in a defensive set up. I recall one bit of play from mangala, it was at home to someone. Pretty routine clearance, but he miss kicked it with the side of his foot and it ended up near me in the east stand level 3. Summed mangala up. He will never make it st city.

He will be a good defender for a team that plays in a defensive set up. I recall one bit of play from mangala, it was at home to someone. Pretty routine clearance, but he miss kicked it with the side of his foot and it ended up near me in the east stand level 3. Summed mangala up. He will never make it st city.

In all fairness, I remember similar "clearances" from Kompany ... for instance one vs. Fulham that somehow ended up in the back of the net, and the more famous scuff that allowed Coutinho to score the title-clinching winner for the Scousers.

I know we've had some stories come out about clubs potentially in for Mangala but have there been any links to Denayer making a move? Especially after that fighting video I really don't think he's in Pep's plans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.