Denis didn’t relegate United

I must have been within feet of you.
There were old blokes trying to get to us!
As I said earlier,I was with my Dad who was 47 at the time ( I was almost 18).
Our seats were midway up the rows of seats,so I couldn't really judge the ages of the rags climbing the wall, I just saw that they were getting punched and pushed back down into the standing enclosure.

As I said earlier,I was with my Dad who was 47 at the time ( I was almost 18).
Our seats were midway up the rows of seats,so I couldn't really judge the ages of the rags climbing the wall, I just saw that they were getting punched and pushed back down into the standing enclosure.
Changed a few years later, we were dragging them over the wall, was it the old K stand? My first derby(while on the subject) Maine road, Coppell was playing for them. City fan stark naked in the United end getting chased by coppers. Tell a lie, he had a City scalf and a bobble hat. They were tryin to rob his stuff as he got marched off. Funny as fuck at the time.

Always makes me smile just how defensive some United fans get about this. “Law never relegated us, we would’ve gone down anyway!”, like that’s some badge of honour.
LOL so true but it makes the occasion even better if that was possible, the look on Mr Laws face when he put the ball in the back of the net will live with me to my dying day, the look of glee on Mr Doyle's face was even better!!

Did we relegate them?

Felt like it to us and them.

Football is a funny old game, a team could lose 3-0 but an incident earlier in the game can effect the later outcome eg a disallowed goal at 0-0, similarly a goal in one game can directly effect another game in a different place.

We put the fuckers down as far as I'm concerned.

I must have been within feet of you.
There were old blokes trying to get to us!
It was an unreal atmosphere. I felt detached as if I was watching a film. I was euphoric inside. I was a teenager and went to the match with a group of pals mostly Blues but with two Reds. We split up in the ground and ended up all over the place. It was scary outside though.

Well thats not what Gerald Sinstadt and Brian Moore from the Big Match are saying here...

25 mins of pure joy from 1974 -complete with a rousing rendition from the rags of YNWA right at the end!

hope you enjoy it

Quite right they got themselves relegated because they were Shit, I went to this game and got home unscathed, I also saw some terrible stuff that day.
In the 1970's every single club including us sang YNWA at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.