Denis didn’t relegate United

Thanks for that. Unforgettable day - happy days!!
Just as there was a white horse cup final at Wembley, this should be remembered as the Mike Doyle game, not the Denis Law one; the SCUM invaded the pitch, and the man - Mike Doyle - stood there and the SCUM fans cleared around him. I think Mike was still only 24.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Unforgettable day - happy days!!
Just as there was a white horse cup final at Wembley, this should be remembered as the Mike Doyle game, not the Denis Law one; the SCUM invaded the pitch, and the man - Mike Doyle - stood there and the SCUM fans cleared around him. I think Mike was still only 24.

Looked it up as I thought Mike was a bit older than that. Turns out I was right. He was born in November 1946, so was 27 at the time of that United match.

He made his City debut in a 2-2 draw at Cardiff in March 1965, when he was 18. He was sold to Stoke in the summer of 1978, when he was 31, after he'd lost his regular place to Tommy Booth in the 1977/78 season. His last City game came when he deputised for Booth in a 3-1 home defeat to WBA in April 1978.

Well thats not what Gerald Sinstadt and Brian Moore from the Big Match are saying here...

25 mins of pure joy from 1974 -complete with a rousing rendition from the rags of YNWA right at the end!

hope you enjoy it

Thanks for posting!

The agricultural brand of football. The shit pitches. The shit hairstyles, & the flared trousers. It's amazing to see the transformation of football & the coverage over the last 50 years.

It was a beautiful trip down memory lane... :-)

This will probably spark off a no holds barred bout of festive fisticuffs amongst the City faithful, but I still maintain Bell would have struggled the get into our starting 11 over the last 10 years, in all but 2014/15 - 2015/16 seasons. )(

Let me get my tin hat ready!

tinhat_noun_002_38186.jpg

His late goal didn't do anything to help keep them up,for sure.And angered the red hordes onto the pitch,they never did like losing.

I dream for a day to see history to repeat it self.

Just think what it would feel like to not only beat the rags at the swamp yet again, whilst sending them down.

Looked it up as I thought Mike was a bit older than that. Turns out I was right. He was born in November 1946, so was 27 at the time of that United match.

He made his City debut in a 2-2 draw at Cardiff in March 1965, when he was 18. He was sold to Stoke in the summer of 1978, when he was 31, after he'd lost his regular place to Tommy Booth in the 1977/78 season. His last City game came when he deputised for Booth in a 3-1 home defeat to WBA in April 1978.
Ta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.