Denis Suarez {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
stavros said:
Lopes is the one who will break through and become world class.

Mark my words.

Speaking to a few scouts about him last week, and they were absolutely raving about this lad.

City rate him extremely highly.

He is outrageously good .

We need to give him game time, even if he isn't quite ready for the Premier League yet. Not giving the likes of Suarez a chance for 20 minutes when we were coasting at home is part of the reason he's off

I will be dissapointed if Pellegrini doest give lot more playing time to few youngsters than Mancini did last season.

I am not saying a youngster has to stars every match but last season, Razak got 3 sub chances in the league came in in the:

91st minute
92nd minute
90th minute

It's a joke...

Suarez didnt even play in the league last season if soccerway.com stats are good.
He was on the bench as an unused sub once only.
(Razak 8 times, 5 of them were unused.)

Lopes was on the bench once only in PL.

Rekik was out on loan, but when he wasnt he started only once and playing 80 minutes if I am right that was when both Kolarov and Clichy was injured and he played leftback. (Vs a very weak Reading.)

Apart from Nastasic last season the Under 20 years players played maybe 100 minutes in the league together.

Make it 1000 minutes this season, thats a good direction. Plus the domestic cup competitions.

John.des said:
I will be dissapointed if Pellegrini doest give lot more playing time to few youngsters than Mancini did last season.

I am not saying a youngster has to stars every match but last season, Razak got 3 sub chances in the league came in in the:

91st minute
92nd minute
90th minute

It's a joke...

Suarez didnt even play in the league last season if soccerway.com stats are good.

Rekik was out on loan, but when he wasnt he started only once and playing 80 minutes if I am right that was when both Kolarov and Clichy was injured and he played leftback. (Vs a very weak Reading.)

Apart from Nastasic last season the Under 20 years players played maybe 100 minutes in the league together.

Make it 1000 minutes this season, thats a good direction. Plus the domestic cup competitions.
Completely agree with you. Lets hope lopes will get a minor breakthrough? ;)

stavros said:

Mark my words.

Speaking to a few scouts about him last week, and they were absolutely raving about this lad.

Pozo,Ntcham and Fofana are also very talented.

stavros said:

Mark my words.

We all know Lopes is extremely good, id rather hear from your scout friends, who he rates highly? someone else then the usual Lopes Pozo ntcham fofana and emyr

John.des said:

91st minute
92nd minute
90th minute

It's a joke...

So, please, name those games we were coasting in last season..
If you can name 12 (a little more than 1000 mins) I'll eat crow.
Based on my last season's experience, we were almost always under the wire, Struggling against parked buses.
The season before, we barely won the title.
So, please tell me when these largely untested kids were supposed to play.

Infact when we did try to give them a cup competition to prove themselves, they completely botched the job.
Only motivated youngsters can play for the first team of a top club.
If you're not ripping up trees in the reserves, how the hell do you expect to get noticed?
Its like saying, you should get a promotion and then try to extenuate your poor work ethic and tardiness by blaming it on the current job you're doing not being challenging enough

jauganaut said:
John.des said:

91st minute
92nd minute
90th minute

It's a joke...

So, please, name those games we were coasting in last season..
If you can name 12 (a little more than 1000 mins) I'll eat crow.
Based on my last season's experience, we were almost always under the wire, Struggling against parked buses.
The season before, we barely won the title.
So, please tell me when these largely untested kids were supposed to play.

Infact when we did try to give them a cup competition to prove themselves, they completely botched the job.
Only motivated youngsters can play for the first team of a top club.
If you're not ripping up trees in the reserves, how the hell do you expect to get noticed?
Its like saying, you should get a promotion and then try to extenuate your poor work ethic and tardiness by blaming it on the current job you're doing not being challenging enough

Fair point and he hasn't looked THAT motivated in any EDS game has he? Lets hope there are big add ons attached just in case

I've seen Suarez, Lopes and Razak a play a few times each.

I got what Suarez was about immediately, Lopes didn't take too long, seen Razak the most and still don't know his style of play.

Carling cup is the big chance for most fringe/young players. Unfortunately we've not had long runs recently.

jauganaut said:
Well, he didn't do much when he got the chance.
He hardly ever looked hungry and got knocked of the ball so easily.
Since he's been here, we've given a few young ones chances.
Pozo and Lopes are ahead of him.
Only mistake was not sending him on loan last year.
As for our first team, no chance.
This is professional sports not kindergarten.
He could still make it, but at this stage, it'll be because he applied himself more since he already had tons of technical development before he came.
If true, I wish him the best of luck.

Bluemoon posts written in the form of an irregularly structured poem. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.