Denis Zakaria

I see him as a Dinho replacement but Douglas Luiz would be cheaper, and it's in a position where we absolutely dont need to spend right now.

I see him as a Dinho replacement but Douglas Luiz would be cheaper, and it's in a position where we absolutely dont need to spend right now.

In this position we have Rodri, Fernandinho and Gundogan all quality players but all slow, and that definitely needs sorting, Douglas Luiz a good player does not remedy that problem, Zakaria does and Camavinga blows it out of the water, and would be our most important signing of the last 2 years

In this position we have Rodri, Fernandinho and Gundogan all quality players but all slow, and that definitely needs sorting, Douglas Luiz a good player does not remedy that problem, Zakaria does and Camavinga blows it out of the water, and would be our most important signing of the last 2 years

I see Rodri as a mistake buy.

He's not a bad player by any means, but he doesn't move us forward as a team. Pep does have this element of player buys in his portfolio. These deals tend to offset his genius buys with the average ones.

Zakaria looks to have the Touré B model about him. He's tall, but needs more muscle combined with his athleticism to be as influential as Yaya was in the mid.

At least he moves the play forward and not side-to-side like Rodri and has the ability to get forward and back unlike Rodri.

I'm sorry, but Rodri is average and I have given him a long time to get to this assessment. I would capture Zakaria and offload Rodri back to Spain at a slight loss next after next season.

He's not a bad player by any means, but he doesn't move us forward as a team. Pep does have this element of player buys in his portfolio. These deals tend to offset his genius buys with the average ones.

Zakaria looks to have the Touré B model about him. He's tall, but needs more muscle combined with his athleticism to be as influential as Yaya was in the mid.

At least he moves the play forward and not side-to-side like Rodri and has the ability to get forward and back unlike Rodri.

I'm sorry, but Rodri is average and I have given him a long time to get to this assessment. I would capture Zakaria and offload Rodri back to Spain at a slight loss next after next season.
I agree thus far about Rodri, there’s often been a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch in front of two not very often high quality CBs. He’s often too slow to things and too slow at moving the ball. It’s a big year for him next season to see if he can adapt.

I do wonder if they can find at top quality DM whether they’ll move Rodri to CB, which Pep did at times this season... and he was quoted as saying he wanted to work with him on his positioning for this role if we didn’t have games every 3 days. Pep seemed to do something similar with Martinez at Bayern.

I agree thus far about Rodri, there’s often been a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch in front of two not very often high quality CBs. He’s often too slow to things and too slow at moving the ball. It’s a big year for him next season to see if he can adapt.

I do wonder if they can find at top quality DM whether they’ll move Rodri to CB, which Pep did at times this season... and he was quoted as saying he wanted to work with him on his positioning for this role if we didn’t have games every 3 days. Pep seemed to do something similar with Martinez at Bayern.

Well, he needs to do something with him as he's partly the problem in the team when it comes to possession and transition from defence to attack. Plenty of promising attacks have broken down cos he doesn't 'see' the obvious or creative pass forward. KDB does this job, but when he's not on the pitch and Rodri is it all comes to a stop. It's annoying.

It's why Yaya is missed SOOO much!

I agree.

Rodri is a good player but doesn't have that proper "destroyer" vibe and lacks pace.

Silva, Bernado, Gundogan,Fernandinho,DeBruyne, Foden and Rodri is our central midfield they are all top quality at what they do, but the balance ie pace is not there, now David is leaving we have the ability to address that balance, Rodri is quality.

Silva, Bernado, Gundogan,Fernandinho,DeBruyne, Foden and Rodri is our central midfield they are all top quality at what they do, but the balance ie pace is not there, now David is leaving we have the ability to address that balance, Rodri is quality.

Address it how?

Silva leaving changes nothing where Rodri is concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.