Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any England manager using the word experiment in the 2nd game of a tournament should sacked that night IMO
This. He's had ages to look at and find solutions and sensible alternative options for a couple of areas and the best he can come up with is last minute desperation. As said before, we could turn it around and who knows what might happen but if we do it will have little do to with Southgate....

Not based on the last game he isnt. He was dreadful.

Plus he needs to stop playing for himself and start playing for the team, and I'm not convinced he's capable of that.

Agree about Grealish.

Edit - plus I think Foden would link up with Palmer better than he does with Bellingham. Bellingham not that great that the team doesn't come first.
Not sure on dreadful, the other 10 players weren’t good either in the second match.
If you’re going off one game, Foden could have lost his place the second the second match because he had a poor first game. I’d still go with either Palmer or Gordon, more likely Palmer with Foden in the middle.
Anyway we know it’s down to Southgate, saying we haven’t replaced Phillips? Bonkers!

Forced changes worked for Booby Robson in 1986 after playing appalingly in the first 2 group games.
A change in formation and a couple of players swapped and performances and results improved.
Till we played Argentina.
Till we played Argentina? We all know what happened in that match. Besides, Bobby Robson had an idea about tactics and getting the best from players, having already tasted success with Ipswich.

Are they?

All I’ve read page after page recently is we have a idiot GK who can’t kick a ball, Trippier shit left back, Rice who just plods and doesn’t do anything except pass it back, Trent who’s useless, Saka overated, Bellingham who’s well overated and just falls down.

The only good ones are Walker, Foden and Stones ironically enough, and a disgrace Grealish isn’t there.

Yet the Manager is expected to win the tournament with these lot.
You mean to say our players who have won four leagues in a row plus other honours shouldnt be the best players to build the team around ? Just asking

Till we played Argentina? We all know what happened in that match. Besides, Bobby Robson had an idea about tactics and getting the best from players, having already tasted success with Ipswich.

You mean mediocrity with Middlesbrough doesn't guarantee success?

It's bizarre he's been given this long.

You mean mediocrity with Middlesbrough doesn't guarantee success?

It's bizarre he's been given this long.
Correct and don’t we all know it. I have been under the impression for years now, unless you walk early yourself, or you do an Allardyce, you have two bites at the cherry being an England manager, Euros and World Cup. I think the only one who got more was Sir Alf and he won the WC.

Yeah we played OK in that game too.

Bobby Robson was a fantastic manager,as he proved at club level.

That said he still struggled,initially,at that w.c and in the Euros 2 years later.
Sometimes managers just get lucky with stumbling across the right blend of players and tactics.

We can only hope this will be the case with Southgate,who doesn't have the skillset that Bobby Robson had.
We've,probably, got 2 games to find out.

Just reminded me actually of how Phillips came back to City overweight after the World Cup.

The English media criticised Pep for calling it out, but didn't question at all how it happened.

If Southgate isn't keeping the players fit, and they aren't playing with any kind of understanding or shape, what does he even do in training??
Didn’t Phillips go on holiday (USA?) after we went out and used all his allotted holiday time? Probably one too many burgers over there.

This. He's had ages to look at and find solutions and sensible alternative options for a couple of areas and the best he can come up with is last minute desperation. As said before, we could turn it around and who knows what might happen but if we do it will have little do to with Southgate....

We had shit loads of pointless friendlies for him to find a solution. Every single ex footballer who was a pundit said Arnold would be a disaster in midfield, but Southgate still went with it. We have no natural left back just an injured Shaw. Stones as we know is made of glass. Bellingham plays for himself, I've no idea where Kane is playing and he looks half fit. It's a total mess.

I don’t listen much to the post Mortems but Kane apparently said “We’re not sure who is supposed to be pressing.”
Enough said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.