Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They were a long way from awful in ‘96. They didn’t lose a game. The Gascoigne goal was a late second in a 2-0 win, so hardly could be said to have rescued them.

And the hammering of a decent Holland side was probably one of the best England performances in the last 30 odd years.

I'm sorry, but that win over Holland is a bit overrated. Yes we did play well, but the Dutch were a very up and down team. They also knew that a 3 goal defeat would see them through to the next round, so weren't all that motivated. It was no surprise that once they went 4 down they upped their game and got the goal they needed.

I see even loyal pundits like Shearer & Lineker are laying the blame squarely at Southgate’s door.
Is someone in his coaching staff going to tell him what everyone else is saying?
I thought his Phillips comment was a bit pathetic, especially when you have Rice & Bellingham already there, arguably 2 players who can do that role & much much more.
It’s not like he has to make wholesale changes,
Move Foden into the 10, Rice & Bellingham behind, drop Trent, play Gordon on a he left, either drop Kane to “save his legs” for Watkins, then give Toney a go at 60/70 min mark, then bring Palmer & Eze on for Gordon & Saka.
Tell Stones to push up to help midfield & Walker, Gehi & Trippier can cover. How many times has he sat & watched Pep do this, & half the Prem adopt similar methods? The majority of the team already play similarly at Club level, it’s not experimental, infact Southgate’s tactics are backward & detrimental to the team!
How has Southgate turned one of the pre tournament favourites into this collection of lost souls? It beggars belief. Has just watched Greece winning the Euros on a loop as research & thought, that’s it, that’s the way?
He has to change it next game, or he’s going to be eviscerated

I see even loyal pundits like Shearer & Lineker are laying the blame squarely at Southgate’s door.
Is someone in his coaching staff going to tell him what everyone else is saying?
I thought his Phillips comment was a bit pathetic, especially when you have Rice & Bellingham already there, arguably 2 players who can do that role & much much more.
Move Foden into the 10, Rice & Bellingham behind, drop Trent, play Gordon on a he left, either drop Kane to “save his legs” for Watkins, then give Toney a go at 60/70 min mark, then bring Palmer & Eze on for Gordon & Saka.
Tell Stones to push up to help midfield & Walker, Gehi & Trippier can cover. How many times has he sat & watched Pep do this, & half the Prem adopt similar methods? The majority of the team already play similarly at Club level, it’s not experimental, infact Southgate’s tactics are backward & detrimental to the team!
How has Southgate turned one of the pre tournament favourites into this collection of lost souls? It beggars belief. Has just watched Greece winning the Euros on a loop as research & thought, that’s it, that’s the way?

Just watching the bbc iplayer with linekar, shearer, fabregas and rooney

All spot on in what they say.

The waistcoat has had 8 years and has not implemented a system, tactics, gameplan

And that is shocking.

He will be forced now to make changes - and he may actually get lucky with it. But luck only lasts so long

You can tell he has completely lost it.

His post match comments and indefensible.

No Kalvin Phillips or Jordan Henderson...really? How about change your approach then. Who was the PL player of the season and where does he play? That would be a start.

Experimenting on TAA as a midfielder in a tournament at the sacrifice of your best player is ridiculous.

Comments from the players reveal they have absolutely no clue what they're supposed to be doing.

And he has shown no effort to change things. He takes TAA off, then moments later Kane comes off for Watkins...who would have benefited from TAA the most. Square pegs round holes.

This won't happen because of hype, obviously, but I'd love for Foden to move back to the 8 and play more of a Gundogan role, with Palmer coming in at 10. Let Bellingham sit and watch.
Bellingham is too good a player to be on the bench. Alexander Arnold should sit it out. Bellingham alongside Rice. Foden into midfield, to allow creativity with Palmer or Gordon on the left (for me should be Grealish).

Just watching the bbc iplayer with linekar, shearer, fabregas and rooney

All spot on in what they say.

The waistcoat has had 8 years and has not implemented a system, tactics, gameplan

And that is shocking.

He will be forced now to make changes - and he may actually get lucky with it. But luck only lasts so long
All of them, including Rooney were correct in what they had to say, the problem is Southgate and not the players.

Bellingham is too good a player to be on the bench. Alexander Arnold should sit it out. Bellingham alongside Rice. Foden into midfield, to allow creativity with Palmer or Gordon on the left (for me should be Grealish).

Not based on the last game he isnt. He was dreadful.

Plus he needs to stop playing for himself and start playing for the team, and I'm not convinced he's capable of that.

Agree about Grealish.

Edit - plus I think Foden would link up with Palmer better than he does with Bellingham. Bellingham not that great that the team doesn't come first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.